Jun 5, 2011
march-l229-1299254_478x359.jpg

March made his full debut against Reading in the FA Cup

PUBLISHED
08:00 20th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
I have to try and push for more selections – that is the aim"
Solly March
Solly March has set himself the target of playing more first-team games this season.
The young midfielder made a big impression on his first start in Albion colours, in the FA Cup win against Reading recently, but is looking to build on his five appearances for the Seagulls this season.
Speaking in last Saturday’s Seagull, the club’s matchday programme, he said, “I have to try and push for more selections – that is the aim.*
“It is nice to get the first game out the way and get some more playing time; I had been hoping to make my first start this season and now I have I want to push on and make more appearances.”
March has made fleeting appearances from the subs’ bench this season, but admits that starting against the Royals was a completely different experience.
He added: “You need to get focused straight away and the warm-up intensity is much higher compared to when you are a sub. Once the game started it was nice to get a few early touches and I felt comfortable on the ball. It was really nice after the game as I received lots of nice messages from people. The important part is that my confidence is growing on the pitch.”
Read the full interview with Solly in the Birmingham City edition of Seagull, which is still available in the club store, priced £3.50.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here