Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley v Brighton & Hove Albion

Jan 10, 2014
I know that it's early but that's our next game.

Our lads have gone to Spain on the swill, although the official line is 'warm weather training'. We must be expecting a heatwave in Burnley in the coming week or so.

So, will your few hundred absolutely barmy fans (you have to be to do that trip for a tuesday night match) give a decent reception to Barnes?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Our lads have gone to Spain on the swill, although the official line is 'warm weather training'. We must be expecting a heatwave in Burnley in the coming week or so.

So, will your few hundred absolutely barmy fans (you have to be to do that trip for a tuesday night match) give a decent reception to Barnes?

Since I have you here. There seems to be some sort of bus service due to a closed train station (Pudsey?) somewhere between Burnley and Leeds. Do you know anything about this, whats the delay like, will it seriously impact my journey? Should I look to avoid it by changing trains about 6 times?

Cheers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Erm... Port vale is our next game.

Jan 10, 2014
Since I have you here. There seems to be some sort of bus service due to a closed train station (Pudsey?) somewhere between Burnley and Leeds. Do you know anything about this, whats the delay like, will it seriously impact my journey? Should I look to avoid it by changing trains about 6 times?

Cheers.

Yes there are works on Holme tunnel and the train stops at Hebden Bridge, where you have to get a bus to Burnley Manchester Rd Station.

Looking at the times it doesn't look like there is that much time added on to the journey (depending on the time of day you're travelling).

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes there are works on Holme tunnel and the train stops at Hebden Bridge, where you have to get a bus to Burnley Manchester Rd Station.

Looking at the times it doesn't look like there is that much time added on to the journey (depending on the time of day you're travelling).

Cheers, what with it being an evening game I'm still not sure how much faith I want to place in a bus service to get me home, with all due respect to burnley I'd rather not spend the night there. I'll see how brave im feeling on the day.

That said, the temptation to tell Barnes to **** off one last time is bloody tempting :jester:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Another question to take the opportunity of a Burnley fan on here...

Which is the most secure and safe car park for Tuesday night? I've previously parked in the town centre multistorey and walked through to the ground (about 10 mins). I assume the town centre car park will be closed?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oi Lancastrian scum..is the cricket ground open evening games?

Normally park at the cricket ground and head up to the club house for a pint, pie and chips and a game of snooker. Really welcoming place and great place to have a chat about all things footy and jimmy Anderson's form!

Cheers

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
surely the club would have made an agreement that Barnes cannot play in this one. If they haven't it should be Barber and Burke OUT, the incompetant buffons!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
surely the club would have made an agreement that Barnes cannot play in this one. If they haven't it should be Barber and Burke OUT, the incompetant buffons!!

I believe you can only write such an agreement into loans not sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here