Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlando park tickets

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Quick question

Is it better to buy before we travel or when we get there ( not potg as over priced but from hotel/ticket outlet)?

Any other advice gratefully received

We are off in 3 weeks

Cheers all

X

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yes definitely, only buy genuine tickets, don't buy those where they give you a voucher and you have to go to Customer Services as that sucks and wastes probably a good hour queuing before you even go in!

This is a good starting place - http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/orlando-attraction-tickets however there are other good websites so shop around, You won't get huge discounts but any saving will help!

To get a good grounding as to what to expect you can go onto here: http://www.visitorlando.com/

If there is anything specific you want to know then just ask. There are loads of us on here who have been plenty of times!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always buy beforehand and be very careful when over there where people offer cheaper tickets not used on certain days as you cannot get in a theme park with them.

We purchased the 6 park flex ticket with the holiday package as far easier. Also the tickets last 14 days from when validated and I find that doing Theme parks means you actually spend very little money which pleases Mrs Hut when she finally gets some retail therapy normally towards the end of the holiday.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You should sit down and plan what you are going to do. There are 3 main theme parks at Disney, each worth seeing, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom (more of a zoo but with thrill rides) and Hollywood Studios (used to be MGM I think. House of terror is a must). That's three full days. You've then probably got Seaworld and the two Universal theme parks. If your there for one week then you're going to pack a lot in. If for two, would recommend a day at a theme park and then something else local and less hectic the next and the next another theme park and so on. Gatorland was an easy day and last time we were there we did an air boat ride at Boggy Creek. Should also fit in a day at one of Disney's water parks.
The one I would give a miss to is Epcot. If you have a hire car, you should try and get across to the Kennedy Space Centre.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You should sit down and plan what you are going to do. There are 3 main theme parks at Disney, each worth seeing, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom (more of a zoo but with thrill rides) and Hollywood Studios (used to be MGM I think. House of terror is a must). That's three full days. You've then probably got Seaworld and the two Universal theme parks. If your there for one week then you're going to pack a lot in. If for two, would recommend a day at a theme park and then something else local and less hectic the next and the next another theme park and so on. Gatorland was an easy day and last time we were there we did an air boat ride at Boggy Creek. Should also fit in a day at one of Disney's water parks.
The one I would give a miss to is Epcot. If you have a hire car, you should try and get across to the Kennedy Space Centre.

I think the Disney Water Parks are miles better then Aquatica and Wet and Wild (which is very old hat now).

I really would do either Disney or the other parks not both in one holiday so it is probably a judgement based on the age of the kids.

NB at Disney go to the Epcot Centre as well, very good sorry to disagree.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've been seven (yes seven) times and I've stayed in hotels and Villas. Here are my tips if you have never been before...

Get your tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct. Excellent service and delivery... We had a free day at legoland chucked in which we sold over there.

Get a 14 day disney park flex ticket so you can hop from park to park.

Make sure when you go to a Magic Kingdom to get there early but key is to get your round the park in an anticlockwise route (ie. Tomorrowland first).

At lunchtime pop over to Frontierland and get your Fastpass tickets for Splash or Thunder Mountain so that you can head back their later on.

Epcot is a two day park if you've never been and have children. Leave the World Showcase until the second visit and give yourself an easy morning when you do it on the second visit and use this to catch the fireworks.

Make sure you do Busch Gardens. a free shuttle can be booked via the Busch Gardens Website.

Sea World is a good relaxing day but to make sure you get everything in, make sure you plan your shows in advance. Manta is breathtaking!

The Universal parks are amazing and I would get a three day ticket so that you can go back as I'm sure you will want to do. You also have got to make enough time to do the Harry Potter ride aswell which is unbelievable.

There is so much to do in Florida and everyone has their own experiences and tips. Have fun!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The one I would give a miss to is Epcot

:ohmy: Bozza will probably have you banned for that :)

You missed the Holy Land Experience by the way. Not been myself, but I'm told it's everything you'd expect from a Jesus theme park :D

Jul 7, 2003
Yes definitely, only buy genuine tickets, don't buy those where they give you a voucher and you have to go to Customer Services as that sucks and wastes probably a good hour queuing before you even go in!

This is a good starting place - http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/orlando-attraction-tickets however there are other good websites so shop around, You won't get huge discounts but any saving will help!

To get a good grounding as to what to expect you can go onto here: http://www.visitorlando.com/

If there is anything specific you want to know then just ask. There are loads of us on here who have been plenty of times!

This is great advice. ATD offer real tickets at decent prices. You also sometimes get little extra 'gifts' from them when you buy your tickets. They also check your travel dates so that they can ensure you have your tickets before you travel.

It sounds a bit OCD but it really is worth planning what you want to see while you are there (remember to factor in a rest day or two - theme parks can be hard work!). If you are taking kids with you - especially younger ones - they will be sidetracked by things other than the rides and are also likely to tire with all the walking so you may take longer than you think to get around the parks. It is unlikely you will fit everything in so a bit of planning might save you a few quid in buying more tickets than you really need.

Will be making my 11th trip to Florida in April (have a mate who lives there) so like a few here can try to answer any questions you might have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here