Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Previous players 'Not focused enough'

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bridcutts 'lack of focus' equating to refusing to play in old money, but he's not the first didn't Steve Penney refuse to play for Barry Lloyd? And there must have been others going back through the years.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Vicente?!?!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Those subject to the list or sustained interest from other clubs/deals, we can rule out Bennett and Cullip. They kept their focus.

Cullip still played his usual game whilst being transfer listed and Bennett seemed to accept that he had to wait until his transfer.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Glenn Murray was a model professional to the very end.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Quite and I imagine he already knew he was on his way out, long before the final curtain.

My lasting memory of Gus Poyet will not be as the man who left the club by taking a shit in the away changing rooms, it will be as the man who let Glenn Murray leave for nothing to our rivals.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My lasting memory of Gus Poyet will not be as the man who left the club by taking a shit in the away changing rooms, it will be as the man who let Glenn Murray leave for nothing to our rivals.

So when it comes to Glenn Murray, it was all Gus's fault , but when we try to buy players it's all about bloom saying yes or no? Do you not think bloom had a say about selling Murray?

How does that work them?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Zamora went out more on a whimper than with a bang. Sometimes it happens like that.

He was definitely affected by not going to Spurs in the January window. I can particularly recall our game away at Stoke where he barely broke sweat.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did Bennett sit out any matches when Norwich were in for him in the January and we refused his transfer request?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Did Bennett sit out any matches when Norwich were in for him in the January and we refused his transfer request?

Watford away in the FA cup. I can't remember if he missed any league games.

Edit, I've just checked my 2010-2011 book and he did play in the 3 League games.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
So when it comes to Glenn Murray, it was all Gus's fault , but when we try to buy players it's all about bloom saying yes or no? Do you not think bloom had a say about selling Murray?

How does that work them?

we didn't sell murray! my viewpoint is that poyet simply wasn't overly fussed about murray and not convinced he'd be any good in the championship...i could be wrong but that's as i understand it

we'd be playing premier league football this season if we'd kept him

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here