Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Musketeers

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone planning to give this a look at 9pm on BBC1?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep. Going to give it a whirl.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Decent enough telly, but about as close to Dumas as to The Cat In The Hat.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It has at least answered the question of where Leo Ulloa has been the last few months - not injured, but playing D'Artagnan in this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I used to watch a TV drams (not cartoon!) which was probably back in the 60's and, as a kid i really liked it. For nastalgia's sake I gave this a watch and it was an enjoyable romp and not to be taken too seriously.

Thought it was funny when the Musketeers were called in by their boss with the very modern phrase "my office, NOW!"

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Decent enough telly, but about as close to Dumas as to The Cat In The Hat.

I heard that they are deliberately not following the Dumas script so they have a lot more freedom to go where they want with it, and possibly do a second series as well. Thought it was OK, I'll give it another go next week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All about opinions. I'll watch it again.

I heard that they are deliberately not following the Dumas script so they have a lot more freedom to go where they want with it, and possibly do a second series as well. Thought it was OK, I'll give it another go next week.

I enjoyed it. It's not as if Sunday evenings have a lot to offer in viewing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to watch a TV drams (not cartoon!) which was probably back in the 60's and, as a kid i really liked it. For nastalgia's sake I gave this a watch and it was an enjoyable romp and not to be taken too seriously.

Thought it was funny when the Musketeers were called in by their boss with the very modern phrase "my office, NOW!"

Yes, I lost it from there.A couple of minutes earlier it said "France, 1630 " my office now, lol

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A long time ago, yes.

I have it on my Kindle and have been meaning to re-read it for ages.

I wasn't meaning to doubt you. I've just heard these outlandish claims before and turns out they haven't (Bond/Ian Fleming et al).

I haven't, but I have been meaning to do so for a long time.

I was gifted an 1894 copy, which seems to go for £120+ on Amazon, and now seems a good a time as any to tackle it.

http://instagram.com/p/jXjP1ow1X7/

They've got some lovely pictures as well (Victoria Beckham (c))

http://instagram.com/p/jXjVgHQ1YJ/

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Capaldi has already shown himself to be a gilt-edged B@@@@@@d of the highest order plus the psycho skirt is not far behind. It will be good v evil with a lot of rushing somewhere for a fight then a lot of rushing somewhere for a bonk. In episode 1 we have already had 3 nasty murders, about 30 other murders/slayings and 2 leaps from windows without serious injury sustained.

Bit less horrifying than Call The Midwife, so its a thumbs up !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here