Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace start an airline....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep, still don't understand this pikey/caravan thing, just seems mildy racist if anything. Now if we were to call them the chavmeisters, that would make sense.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, still don't understand this pikey/caravan thing, just seems mildy racist if anything. Now if we were to call them the chavmeisters, that would make sense.

Same here. Never got the connection between Palace and travellers. Just seems to be a general derogatory term, but not actually based on anything, unless I'm missing something.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Same here. Never got the connection between Palace and travellers. Just seems to be a general derogatory term, but not actually based on anything, unless I'm missing something.

What about easy10jet ?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Pretty much. Same as how some of our fans call Millwall pikeys. Complete rubbish based on nothing.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Racist...... FFS it's banter. I've seen that joke played out on various forums, Cardiff referring to Swansea, Bolton / Blackburn etc etc

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Racist...... FFS it's banter. I've seen that joke played out on various forums, Cardiff referring to Swansea, Bolton / Blackburn etc etc

And how do you think the Pikeys feel about being likened to someone living in Swansea, Blackburn or Croydon? You didn't even think to spare a thought for them did you? :angry:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Racist? :lolol: :ffsparr:

It's pretty unoriginal but it's definitely not racist in any shape or form, is it?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013

It's pretty unoriginal but it's definitely not racist in any shape or form, is it?

Depends on where your definition of 'race' stops. Some ethnicity monitoring surveys include 'Member of the Irish traveling community' and as such, any generalisms or slurs could be considered discriminatory and/or racist.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

It's pretty much tantamount to saying people from Croydon are the N word or any other racial slur to be honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've never thought of it as being racist. Just a bit....irrelevent. :shrug:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I've never thought of it as being racist. Just a bit....irrelevent. :shrug:

Its the same level of idiocy as us calling you all of the homophobic rubbish that we do. Both are stupid and make both our sets of fans look like idiots to the wider world but alas that's the situation.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It's pretty much tantamount to saying people from Croydon are the N word or any other racial slur to be honest.

So a racial insult is the same as calling someone a pikey? You cannot be serious. It's childish, but hey take a look at your forum and see what your fans refer to most of us as. Like I say, it's childish but it's most definitely not equivalent to being racist. No way.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
So a racial insult is the same as calling someone a pikey? You cannot be serious. It's childish, but hey take a look at your forum and see what your fans refer to most of us as. Like I say, it's childish but it's most definitely not equivalent to being racist. No way.

Read my post history, you'll soon see exactly what I think of the homophobic slurs we send your way.

And yes, Pikey is a racial slur aimed at the Irish Travelling Community and is therefore a racist term.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here