Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Gus RIGHT about hitting the CEILING ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not EVERYONE is as INTELLIGANT as me but EVEN Stevie Wonder can SEE that Gus Poyet was RIGHT about hitting the CEILING and I bet he is SITTING on WEARSIDE this morning READING the Sunday papers CHUCKLING to himself.

When a TINPOT team like Bournemouth PLAYING at a GROUND like Withdean CAN afford a £2million player before the season, AFFORD to pay someone more than us and NOW OUTBID us for another STRIKER just shows that Gus Poyet was RIGHT and the Gus HATERS should hang their HEADS in shame.

We have the BIGGEST crowds in the DIVISION paying the highest PRICES in the CHAMPIONSHIP yet WE cannot COMPETE against TEAMS like Bournemouth in the TRANSFER market. We sell OUR best PLAYERS whilst WE have a SQUAD decimated BY injuries whilst OTHER clubs STRENGTHEN, Bloom and BARBER are taking us for MUGS.

IT is TIME to LET Bloom KNOW how we FEEL and I will be RIPPING up my SEASON ticket at the NEXT home game and THROW it in BLOOMS face in protest UNLESS he STARTS to spend some CASH on the team.

BLOOM OUT

SACK THE BOARD NOW

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
IT is TIME to LET Bloom KNOW how we FEEL and I will be RIPPING up my SEASON ticket at the NEXT home game and THROW it in BLOOMS face in protest UNLESS he STARTS to spend some CASH on the team.

BLOOM OUT

SACK THE BOARD NOW

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

You might want to bring scissors. I'd imagine the smart cards are much harder to rip up and the old fashioned paper season tickets.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus Gus ...... who cares he's the manager of SUNDERLAND FC. FFS.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes. YES you're RIgHt. FFP oUt.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well if you think that a fellow who is a Brighton fan of long standing, put over 100m of his OWN money in, with NO interest repayments, then instead of spending 30m on players, opts to build a training facility for the future........is taking the fans for mugs, then that is your opinion.
The players and youngsters do not train in ideal circumstances, which is partly the reason we have so many injuries imo.
The youngsters for example are dotted around for their training, could be Lewes, Waterhole, Falmer etc. The new academy with all the pitches and facilities will bring the squads together and bring in/make/develop better players.
Just think back a few years.......7th in the Championship at the moment........"It's the stuff of dreams"
Patience :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm in the Upper East so may have trouble throwing my ST. Then again I don't want to. Ernest does have a few points though. A match day experience costs me over £90 for two adults. We are a Championship team and should be building on a 'five year plan'. Now if that plan started 2011/12 season then we should be well on target to a good squad etc. But right now we are not improving the team. When we sell Bridcot we should be looking at getting a BETTER player in, maybe for a million more than we get. Everyone screams about FFP but are teams really going to be docked points, fined millions or automatically relegated if promoted - NO. We need to get a good squad together. If we fail to go up but tried then I'd be happy but to be the 7th team in the league is not good.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Well if you think that a fellow who is a Brighton fan of long standing, put over 100m of his OWN money in, with NO interest repayments, then instead of spending 30m on players, opts to build a training facility for the future........is taking the fans for mugs, then that is your opinion.
The players and youngsters do not train in ideal circumstances, which is partly the reason we have so many injuries imo.
The youngsters for example are dotted around for their training, could be Lewes, Waterhole, Falmer etc. The new academy with all the pitches and facilities will bring the squads together and bring in/make/develop better players.
Just think back a few years.......7th in the Championship at the moment........"It's the stuff of dreams"
Patience :)

True, I no this is a wind up but some of the shit on here you'd think we were struggling at the foot of the table.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Considering POYET cannot even make a decent OFFER for the greatest living footballer (Laim BIRDCUTT), I would suggest that he has lumps on his HEAD hitting the CEILING at SUNDERLAND

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
If you even THINK about approaching Tony's entrance I will be compelled, by my zero hours BHAFC contract, to scream for back up whilst making futile attempts to wrestle your buttery fingered season ticket from you. See you for breakfast later, one or two extra sausages dear?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can't see much improvement on last year, therefore still bouncing off ceiling.

That is not necessarily a bad thing if you are content to be a good Championship side, but it is if you are aiming at promotion and staying up in the Premier(whatevertheycallitthesedays).

D

Deleted member 22389

Poyet tried dumping us at the worst time possible last season. I can't forgive him for that. He unsettled the team at the worst time possible. I still feel we are suffering from the Poyet era now. The sooner we dispose of anything relating to him and consign it to the history books the better. That bloke will never be happy. Oscar came here in extremely difficult circumstances and for that he needs to be applauded. He hasn't moaned once, or tried to get himself in the media once. We have also had the most appalling luck with injuries this season. We are 7th in the league, two points off the play offs again, at least we are not bottom of the league.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Poyet tried dumping us at the worst time possible last season. I can't forgive him for that. He unsettled the team at the worst time possible. I still feel we are suffering from the Poyet era now. The sooner we dispose of anything relating to him and consign it to the history books the better. That bloke will never be happy. Oscar came here in extremely difficult circumstances and for that he needs to be applauded. He hasn't moaned once, or tried to get himself in the media once. We have also had the most appalling luck with injuries this season. We are 7th in the league, two points off the play offs again, at least we are not bottom of the league.

How can he have unsettled the team when the results after he told TB he wanted to leave were P9 W5 D4 L0 F18 A5 Points 19?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Gus has reached the ceiling. His ceiling.
Average championship manager at best.
Soon to refind his level.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's all wait and see what happens before the window closes before throwing our respective toys out of our respective prams, shall we?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We're definitely getting weaker.

Since last season, we've lost: Wayne Bridge, Dean Hammond, Vicente and recently Ashley Barnes and Adam El-Abd

Replacing them with Keith Andrews, Stephen Ward, Adam Chicksen, Kemy Agustein and recently Jon Obika.

Unless we make one or two inspired signings by the end of the window, we haven't only "hit the ceiling" but we're going in the opposite direction now.

Next Years team

GK - Brezovan as TK will leave
RB - Calderon or Salter as Bruno will leave
LB - Chicksen
CB - Greer
CB - Dunk
Mid - Ince
Mid - Lua Lua
Mid - Agustien
Mid - March
Mid - Forster or Caskey
Att - CMS