Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
lily-l229-1303737_478x359.jpg

Agg is sad to leave Albion

PUBLISHED
10:34 19th January 2014
by James Hilsum
Lily will be welcomed back at Albion anytime and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with her. "
Tracy Doe
Lily Agg has expressed her sadness at leaving Albion and believes it is only a matter of time before the club acquires Women’s Super League status.Last season’s Player of the Season completed a move to WSL2 side London Bees, but admitted the thought of leaving would not have even crossed her mind if Albion were already a Super League club.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I wouldn’t have even questioned leaving Brighton if they were playing in the Super League; it’s just a case of wanting to play at a higher level.
“They’ve got loads of young players coming through and the way the club supports the women, both financially and otherwise, is fantastic – they are one of the most supportive clubs when it comes to the ladies game and with that backing it can only get better and better.
“With that support and the set up in place, Brighton are a WSL club all but in name; it’s not a case of if they get into the Super League, it’s a case of when.
Agg, who hails from Eastbourne, says it's tough leaving her local club and a great set of players.
“I’ll really miss the girls and we’ve shared many laughs together at training. I’ll also miss all the coaches as well. I would like to say thank you to everyone for helping me become the player I am today. I wish everyone the best of luck this season.”
“I can look back on many highs at Brighton and my greatest memory was beating Lewes in the County Cup final last season.”
Elite Women and Girls’ Manager Tracy Doe was very sad to see the talented 20-year-old leave the club, but wished her all the best for the future.
“Lily will be welcomed back at Albion anytime and it has been an absolute pleasure to work with her.
“She has been a great ambassador for the club - on and off the pitch - and we have no doubt that she will have a long and successful career.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here