Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Noone vs Man City

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Although it was only highlights, I thought Noone looked fabulous against City on MotD last night. Good goal plus great aggression and running at players down the flank. Should be getting more 1st team action based on that display. Some of BHA's best play over the last 2+ years has been characterised by the likes of Buckley, Kaz and Noone himself doing much the same thing. Could do with more of it if we're going get back to scoring more than a goal a game.

Would also like to nominate Solksjaer for "accent of the year" in his post match interview - first time I've heard his Mancunian/Norwegian combo.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Although it was only highlights, I thought Noone looked fabulous against City on MotD last night. Good goal plus great aggression and running at players down the flank. Should be getting more 1st team action based on that display. Some of BHA's best play over the last 2+ years has been characterised by the likes of Buckley, Kaz and Noone himself doing much the same thing. Could do with more of it if we're going get back to scoring more than a goal a game.

Would also like to nominate Solksjaer for "accent of the year" in his post match interview - first time I've heard his Mancunian/Norwegian combo.

Noone is an exciting player and I still enjoy watching him. Kaz and Buckley when fit add that something extra to our game but the trouble is these constant injuries are having a devastating effect on our season. As good as they are I am begining to wonder how much longer can we carry them for.

Foreign players learning English up North does give their accents an amusing twist, Peter Schmeichel's is always interesting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jan Molby was another fully scoused-up Dane. Seems to be a scandenavian thing.

D

Deleted member 18477

Gutted we sold Noone as he's hardly injured compared to Buckley and LuaLua!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Some of the people on here used to slate Noone as a one trick pony and nowhere near as good as Kaz or Buckley. Well I think some of those same people may have changed their minds now!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I've always rated Noone and was gutted we sold him and for how much. He was small but never injury prone apart from once when he got injured at Coventry on new years eve unlike Buckley and Kaz who get injured every other week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Noone couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, and his end product was usually pretty ropey.
Would beat his man, then go back and do it a few more times while our forwards stood with hands on hips in the box waiting for a ball which would never arrive. I found him very frustrating to watch.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Noone couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, and his end product was usually pretty ropey.
Would beat his man, then go back and do it a few more times while our forwards stood with hands on hips in the box waiting for a ball which would never arrive. I found him very frustrating to watch.

Exactly. Classic example of people being wise after the event. Very few people moaned when we sold him.

Also, big fuss about Noone's goal but ignores that it was a poor cross from him that led to City breaking for their second goal.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Kaz is no better. He has tunnel vision.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kaz is no better. He has tunnel vision.

Disagree. Kaz is far more direct, nearly always beats his man and delivers the ball into dangerous areas. He carries a more productive threat than Noone - but unfortunately has glass hamstrings.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I see you used "forwards" plural you must have been watching a different team to me. It must be nigh on impossible for any of our wingers to finish the season with a decent passes or crosses completed rate as our main striker CMS is hardly a renowned for his aerial prowess, in fact I reckon if we signed Willie Carson in the window he would be a better option in the air.

Unfortunately a front 3 of Noone, Barnes & CMS with Navarro, Bridcutt and Dicker behind was hardly going to lend itself to wingers getting to the bye line and putting in crosses. Quite often Noone would stand up decent balls or put balls in good areas only for no one to be on the end.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I said at the time Noone was better than people thought, and it was selective memory to suggest he has "no end product" which was the go-to cliché when Cardiff snapped him up for an absolute bargain price. It was more the fact we only ever had the diminuitive CMS in the box, being marked by 2 huge centre backs, that meant his crosses rarely found the target - he put it into good areas more times than not. He's a different player than Kaz/Buckley, who want to knock it past a man and use their pace, running at the defence directly - he's far more about finding space in tight areas with his superior close control and dribbling. He's definitely improved further in the Prem; if we were ever to have the chance to bring him back, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see you used "forwards" plural you must have been watching a different team to me. It must be nigh on impossible for any of our wingers to finish the season with a decent passes or crosses completed rate as our main striker CMS is hardly a renowned for his aerial prowess, in fact I reckon if we signed Willie Carson in the window he would be a better option in the air.

Unfortunately a front 3 of Noone, Barnes & CMS with Navarro, Bridcutt and Dicker behind was hardly going to lend itself to wingers getting to the bye line and putting in crosses. Quite often Noone would stand up decent balls or put balls in good areas only for no one to be on the end.

Numbers in the box for us has often been a factor. But my abiding memory of Noone was generally a blocked cross, an overhit cross, a cross behind the byline, or a jink inside followed by a scuffed shot into the advertising hoardings. A dangerous end-product was such a rarity from him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Numbers in the box for us has often been a factor. But my abiding memory of Noone was generally a blocked cross, an overhit cross, a cross behind the byline, or a jink inside followed by a scuffed shot into the advertising hoardings. A dangerous end-product was such a rarity from him.

He was always on the verge of his potential and at the start of the 2012-13 season before he went to Cardiff he didn't have a bad game in that period.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Some of the people on here used to slate Noone as a one trick pony and nowhere near as good as Kaz or Buckley. Well I think some of those same people may have changed their minds now!

No one slated him, people were frustrated by his inability to put in a consistent delivery and his general lack of composure on the ball. He might be doing it in the premiership right now but nothing has changed, before long his new manager will realize he flatters to deceive and isn't ever going to get better and then he'll be out the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here