Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe mason to Bournemouth

Pure magic!

Jul 4, 2011
Stories on twitter suggest Bournemouth have made a gbp1.5mn offer. FFS how can they do that given their size within the ffp rules?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The stories seem to be legitimate. I am sure us and others will now make a move if we are interested

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
If true it won't be accepted. About a million short of his valuation.

But I doubt it's true anyway.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Stories on twitter suggest Bournemouth have made a gbp1.5mn offer. FFS how can they do that given their size within the ffp rules?

Possibly because, like a number of other clubs in this league, they couldn't give a flying f**k about FFP and reckon that the FA will not have the balls to do anything about it if enough clubs ignore it? And therefore, if true, Bournemouth are a bigger club, in terms of playing budget, than us? It's a funny old world!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Out of curiosity, why SHOULD Tony Bloom subsidise your football club every year to the tune of £10-15million a year, as some here seem to be advocating?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It is a sham unless the FA can actually implument the punishments. I feel clubs are really pushing it to the limit then will all try and worm their way out of it. Problem is those that do go and make the premier league are the ones who will get away with it.
I do feel however i would like a club that is sustainable in the long term. Once that os achieved we will be in a mich better place than these clubs who are not.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Out of curiosity, why SHOULD Tony Bloom subsidise your football club every year to the tune of £10-15million a year, as some here seem to be advocating?

He should not. Football clubs should all be sustainable on there own. They are a business after all. I would rather a club that is sustainable long term than a short term fix.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't care what Bournemouth do to be honest - never rated Mason and some of the valuations for him are ridiculous. It seems unlikely we'll get another forward in now but I don't have a problem with that as Oscar only has eyes for ever playing with one striker anyway. Why would anyone want to come to us to be a bench player like Obika. I think it's possible we may get a midfielder to cover Crofts or Bridcutt assuming he goes but I can't see much more happening than that.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

I haven't seen any comments yet In this thread suggesting that. All I've read us that most other teams seem to be ignoring ffp.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Exactly. The losses are met out of his private money, and why should he when he has already paid for the Amex, Lancing, almost 3 seasons of £8m p.a. losses at the Amex, and the bulk of the Withdean era losses? All adding up to well over £100m.

No evidence that Bournemouth are breaching the rules.

But pretty obvious that Leicester and Forest are (both would not have greater club turnover than us, but look at their squads full of quality), in a mad dash for the PL. The FL penalties will be small in comparison to PL riches. I hope the transfer embargo is transferred to the PL if they make it.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
FFP has little to do with the size of crowd you get or how many pies you sell.

It has more to do with how much you pay in wages and overheads.

It has everything to do with if your books balance.

A 80 year old ground away from the south east with a safety certificate and average facilities selling average price tickets is going to be a lot cheaper to run than a brand new state of the art stadium with expensive seats and high overheads.

Its a bit like having a brand new ferrari whilst your mate has his 15 year old fiesta - after you have bought the thing you still are paying more insurance, road tax and fuel costs so your mate can go on holiday whilst you are stuck at home wondering how you are going to get it through the MOT in three years

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It is a sham unless the FA can actually implument the punishments. I feel clubs are really pushing it to the limit then will all try and worm their way out of it. Problem is those that do go and make the premier league are the ones who will get away with it.
I do feel however i would like a club that is sustainable in the long term. Once that os achieved we will be in a mich better place than these clubs who are not.

Agreed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Remember, if you breach FFP targets this season there are NO sanctions or penalties, and I anticipate when the Albion announce their losses they will be eye watering.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn't it the FL and not the FA who are administering this version of FFP? So if a couple of championship clubs breach them, hopefully the other clubs who played by the rules will far outweigh them in numbers terms, and so have no inclination to let the cheats off the hook.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And that's why it's a sham. Every other club scrambling to get to the premier league before FFP sets in properly.
What do you mean, before it sets in properly? Either there will be penalties for over spending this year, or there won't be. You don't need a practice round.

He obviously shouldn't. I'd be perfectly happy if he was running it at break even. However, the club have told us that they are restricted by the FFP rules, which suggests he'd consider spending more if it was allowed.

Remember, if you breach FFP targets this season there are NO sanctions or penalties, and I anticipate when the Albion announce their losses they will be eye watering.
Right, so in effect, FFP hasn't started yet. In fact, for wealthy clubs, it's better to buy a lot of assets now, that can be used in future years when FFP does start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here