Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: We Didn't Get Just Rewards

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia felt his side didn’t get their just rewards against Derby County at the iPro Stadium this afternoon – as they were undone by an excellent strike by Patrick Bamford.*
In a game in which defences were on top, the Albion head coach was pleased with his team’s display, but also was left to rue two excellent saves by home keeper Lee Grant as he denied Matt Upson and Leo Ulloa.*
He said, “I felt we were the better side in the first half but we didn’t score. The second half was more equal but they scored, we didn’t, that was the difference.*
“Their goalkeeper was man of the match because he made some great saves and that was another factor between them and us.*
“It is not easy at this time of the season but I am very proud of the players we have, proud of the performance of all of them.*
“It is not easy to come here and play how we did. They had only one chance and they are the top scorers in the league; that shows how we have played.”
Meanwhile Oscar revealed midfielder Liam Bridcutt was fit to play, but not selected. “He was fit enough and available for selection but he spoke to Nathan Jones on Friday and was very honest with him.
“He explained that he felt he would not be able to focus on the game 100 per cent because of the things that are happening around him – and for that reason he was not selected.
“I know in this period that a lot of things can happen and we have to be prepared for that and manage it as best we can.
“We have lost four or five players [due to transfers and injuries] and we didn’t have replacements so we will have to see what we can do. At the moment we have the squad we have but we are always looking to strengthen.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here