Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt hear the complete program but he gave the impression that he didnt think Grabban was worth the money that we had offered. More to the point who was the player that we were interested in but was priced at £2.5m did he give a name?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Mason

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Dunno, but you can be sure he would have mispronounced his bloody name! Allinspas I call him.

I like WA - for someone employed by the club, he doesn't hold back from saying it as he sees it

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
So he works for the club as a scout and he felt that Grabban was not worth the money right? So why did the club bid for him then or is Aspinall's opinion not worth a ****? The blokes a absolute **** and I struggle to listen to him on the radio without wanting to throw it out the window.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So he works for the club as a scout and he felt that Grabban was not worth the money right? So why did the club bid for him then or is Aspinall's opinion not worth a ****? The blokes a absolute **** and I struggle to listen to him on the radio without wanting to throw it out the window.
The signing of players would be done by the management team discussing certain players that have been brought to their notice..
WA would only be 1 voice in that discussion and will obviously at times be overuled as the view of a players ability and suitability
Is based on an individuals opinion. In my experience I reccomended s 15 year old Trevor Stevens playing for Burnley Reserves to our then manager and was overuled when they sent the chief scout to watch him saying he was too small and fragile. He went on to play for Everton, Monaco, Rangers and of course England it was just a diference of opinions between scouts. Some you win some you dont

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So, 2.5 million to replace a striker we sold for 750k tops. 5million+ spent trying to replace Murray who we sold for... nothing. We're not very good at this transfer malarky when it comes to strikers are we? :facepalm:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I enjoyed hearing his opinion on Steve McClaren, "he wasn't any good as a player"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, 2.5 million to replace a striker we sold for 750k tops. 5million+ spent trying to replace Murray who we sold for... nothing. We're not very good at this transfer malarky when it comes to strikers are we? :facepalm:
That is why we didnt sign Mason and sold Barnes while he had a sale value as it was obvious he was not going to sign the improved contract he was offered. Both good business by the club and their recruitment team.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That is why we didnt sign Mason and sold Barnes while he had a sale value as it was obvious he was not going to sign the improved contract he was offered. Both good business by the club and their recruitment team.

Maybe we should have thought a bit harder about the improved contract as we should have done with Murray, maybe contracts for some of these players shouldn't be allowed to run down in the first place...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Transfer valuations rise astronomically in January , I think we'll be better off waiting until the summer and drafting in a few Spaniards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here