Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Brighton

Robbie Earle's Perm

Jan 16, 2014
Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger players)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Any views on Port Vale & specific players?
7. Any views & memories of players that have played for both teams (Doug Loft, Tommy Fraser, Chrissy Brichall, Micky Adams as Manager or further back)?
7. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need your replies by Tuesday 21st January and the report should appear on the website a couple of days before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP :smile:

Jan 30, 2008
:spam:
Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
7. Any views & memories of players that have played for both teams (Doug Loft, Tommy Fraser, Chrissy Brichall, Micky Adams as Manager or further back)?
7. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need your replies by Tuesday 21st January and the report should appear on the website a couple of days before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Best Regards,

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Here you go mate!

Well my name is Chris, I’m 19 years old and supported Brighton all my life and combine watching the Albion with a semi pro career of my own. Live in Telford too so Port Vale is quite a good one for me!

Yeah we’ve done very well this season with dreadful luck in terms of injuries. The start of the season was very tough but Oscar has started to implement his style of football on the squad and that shows with our recent form. Losing the likes of Barnes & El-abd is disappointing, not to mention Andrew Crofts out for the season now. Buckley and Lualua have been injured recently but both should be back for the game vs. Vale.

Its quite difficult really because I don’t know what sort of team Oscar will play. He played something of a ‘reserve’ squad in the last round vs. Reading and they all impressed so I’d say it would be a similar team. Should the cyclone Leo Ulloa play, I’d say for sure to watch out for him. IMO the best striker outside of the premier league and needs a goal at the moment! The two flying wingers Buckley & Lualua would of course be ones to look out for should they play but I’ll reserve special comments for young Solly March. Exciting young winger, pretty two footed, quick, skillful, can deliver a ball and can strike a ball incredibly well. I would have thought he’d get a game so keep an eye out for him.

Oscar is a fantastic manager who keeps getting better and better with each game. Not afraid to change things around and IMO an upgrade on Poyet who we were a tad too slow with. Under Oscar we still play the nice attractive football but we get the ball forward much quicker and aren’t afraid to go direct at times. I think Oscar will take us to the premier league and he will be a top manager. Its not a shock that fans & pundits in Spain talk a lot about him.

No problems really, Poyet had to go because enough was enough with the way he behaved & spoke when other jobs became available. There’s obvious frustration currently with our bad luck in the transfer market so far but there’s no point in over paying for a player. Very happy with Tony Bloom, rich man & lifelong Albion fan with a family history on the board of directors.

I know quite a few Vale players, the obvious ones being Loft & Birchall but of course there are others to look out for. Tom Pope scored a hatful of goals the other year and can be dangerous. Jennison Myrie-Williams I’ve seen plenty of and is a tricky little player who can cause a lot of trouble. Another one is Chris Shuker, very impressive every time I’ve seen him down the years & ALWAYS bloody scores/plays well against us. I also know Sam Johnson a little bit too as I played against him in a youth team game when I was at Wolves & he was at Vale.

Yeah they all did quite well for us. Lofty had great talent but always injured. Did tend to score the obligatory 1 goal a season & I was amazed when Micky signed him for Vale as he NEVER played him at Brighton. Tommy was an academy lad, technically not the greatest but always gave 110%. Disappointed with the way he talks about us as a club now as he feels (and possibly rightly so) that he deserved a new contract. You’ll see no Brighton fan making too many good comments about him! Birchall was a player I liked a lot and could have gone far in his career but lacked pace. Very nice guy and I feel for him as we didn’t originally let him go to LA Galaxy when he originally wanted to. Never got to show his best at Brighton. Micky was loved by the fans but disappointing end to his tenures both times. 1st time leaving to take an assistant managers job & 2nd time because we were down the bottom.

8. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Absolutely no idea. Of course I’m confident of winning the game but its the FA cup so its hard to make a prediction. Also, as we have no idea what sort of a team we’ll be putting out its hard to say. I’d like to say we’ll win by a couple either 2-0/3-1 something like that. Would be nice if Ulloa starts and gets a goal but I’m pretty sure that either Loft or Shuker will score for you guys!
Good luck for your season, apart from in the FA cup of course. Would be nice to see you guys doing well!

Robbie Earle's Perm

Jan 16, 2014
Here you go mate!

Well my name is Chris, I’m 19 years old and supported Brighton all my life and combine watching the Albion with a semi pro career of my own. Live in Telford too so Port Vale is quite a good one for me!

Yeah we’ve done very well this season with dreadful luck in terms of injuries. The start of the season was very tough but Oscar has started to implement his style of football on the squad and that shows with our recent form. Losing the likes of Barnes & El-abd is disappointing, not to mention Andrew Crofts out for the season now. Buckley and Lualua have been injured recently but both should be back for the game vs. Vale.

Its quite difficult really because I don’t know what sort of team Oscar will play. He played something of a ‘reserve’ squad in the last round vs. Reading and they all impressed so I’d say it would be a similar team. Should the cyclone Leo Ulloa play, I’d say for sure to watch out for him. IMO the best striker outside of the premier league and needs a goal at the moment! The two flying wingers Buckley & Lualua would of course be ones to look out for should they play but I’ll reserve special comments for young Solly March. Exciting young winger, pretty two footed, quick, skillful, can deliver a ball and can strike a ball incredibly well. I would have thought he’d get a game so keep an eye out for him.

Oscar is a fantastic manager who keeps getting better and better with each game. Not afraid to change things around and IMO an upgrade on Poyet who we were a tad too slow with. Under Oscar we still play the nice attractive football but we get the ball forward much quicker and aren’t afraid to go direct at times. I think Oscar will take us to the premier league and he will be a top manager. Its not a shock that fans & pundits in Spain talk a lot about him.

No problems really, Poyet had to go because enough was enough with the way he behaved & spoke when other jobs became available. There’s obvious frustration currently with our bad luck in the transfer market so far but there’s no point in over paying for a player. Very happy with Tony Bloom, rich man & lifelong Albion fan with a family history on the board of directors.

I know quite a few Vale players, the obvious ones being Loft & Birchall but of course there are others to look out for. Tom Pope scored a hatful of goals the other year and can be dangerous. Jennison Myrie-Williams I’ve seen plenty of and is a tricky little player who can cause a lot of trouble. Another one is Chris Shuker, very impressive every time I’ve seen him down the years & ALWAYS bloody scores/plays well against us. I also know Sam Johnson a little bit too as I played against him in a youth team game when I was at Wolves & he was at Vale.

Yeah they all did quite well for us. Lofty had great talent but always injured. Did tend to score the obligatory 1 goal a season & I was amazed when Micky signed him for Vale as he NEVER played him at Brighton. Tommy was an academy lad, technically not the greatest but always gave 110%. Disappointed with the way he talks about us as a club now as he feels (and possibly rightly so) that he deserved a new contract. You’ll see no Brighton fan making too many good comments about him! Birchall was a player I liked a lot and could have gone far in his career but lacked pace. Very nice guy and I feel for him as we didn’t originally let him go to LA Galaxy when he originally wanted to. Never got to show his best at Brighton. Micky was loved by the fans but disappointing end to his tenures both times. 1st time leaving to take an assistant managers job & 2nd time because we were down the bottom.

8. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Absolutely no idea. Of course I’m confident of winning the game but its the FA cup so its hard to make a prediction. Also, as we have no idea what sort of a team we’ll be putting out its hard to say. I’d like to say we’ll win by a couple either 2-0/3-1 something like that. Would be nice if Ulloa starts and gets a goal but I’m pretty sure that either Loft or Shuker will score for you guys!
Good luck for your season, apart from in the FA cup of course. Would be nice to see you guys doing well!

Perfect cheers, Chris!

If you or any of the others want to see the final publication check out the site next Thursday or Friday.

Good luck to you guys (after next Saturday of course although with our injury and suspension problems you might end up with a free pass at this rate!). Always had a soft spot for Brighton ever since the '....and Smith must score moment'. Bet you guys get a lot of that! Oh that and our promotion at the Goldstone in 94.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Perfect cheers, Chris!

If you or any of the others want to see the final publication check out the site next Thursday or Friday.

Good luck to you guys (after next Saturday of course although with our injury and suspension problems you might end up with a free pass at this rate!). Always had a soft spot for Brighton ever since the '....and Smith must score moment'. Bet you guys get a lot of that! Oh that and our promotion at the Goldstone in 94.

I was born in 94 so dont remember much of that mate :p no problem at all, gave great memories of Vale Park when we sealed the Div2 championship with a Paul Watson free kick special. And trust me.....dont talk to us about injuries! Haha

Robbie Earle's Perm

Jan 16, 2014
I was born in 94 so dont remember much of that mate :p no problem at all, gave great memories of Vale Park when we sealed the Div2 championship with a Paul Watson free kick special. And trust me.....dont talk to us about injuries! Haha

I wasn't that old in 94 (honest, well 16!) but I do remember it chucking it down with rain most of the day, the brilliant fish and chips, the pitch invasions and your superb fans who were very gracious letting us celebrate.

I personally wouldn't mind a replay as the new stadium looks great and everytime I have been to the University of Sussex for work thought of Vale potentially playing there some day!

I was reading your board and it seems you are beset with injuries too so it could be like a scene from Saving Private Ryan next week!

When were you at Wolves as I may well have refereed you?

Who do you play for now?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I wasn't that old in 94 (honest, well 16!) but I do remember it chucking it down with rain most of the day, the brilliant fish and chips, the pitch invasions and your superb fans who were very gracious letting us celebrate.

I personally wouldn't mind a replay as the new stadium looks great and everytime I have been to the University of Sussex for work thought of Vale potentially playing there some day!

I was reading your board and it seems you are beset with injuries too so it could be like a scene from Saving Private Ryan next week!

When were you at Wolves as I may well have refereed you?

Who do you play for now?

I was at wolves from 14-16 I think that was 2009 till about 2010/11. Only remember playing vale the once with the youth team. But I've played against a Vale XI a few times in friendlies when I was at Chasetown

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hi,

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? .... too long, many years of suffering
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)? .... Perfectly fine
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger players)? ... Solly March will murder your lot
4. What are your thoughts on your manager? ... Nice bloke, needs a bit of media training :)
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? ... PB = PR tart, TB = true fan
6. Any views on Port Vale & specific players? ... Who?
7. Any views & memories of players that have played for both teams (Doug Loft, Tommy Fraser, Chrissy Brichall, Micky Adams as Manager or further back)? .... No
7. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)? ... 1-5

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/ ...

Best Regards,

Thanks

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Been supporting since mid 70s as a 5 year old.

Was a bit worried after the Gus/Palace debacle but been impressed with Oscar Garcia's Brighton so far. Probably need a bit more in the final third.

Rohan Ince is a key midfield dynamo for us powerful and strong.

I like Oscar Garcia nice and steady after a bonkers Gus Poyet although I'm not sure I really get him yet!

Off the field activities are interesting FFP, amazing stadium and training academy/centre.

I used to the think Mickey Adams opened his mouth too much but we've subsequently lived through Gus!. I love Doug Loft tried so hard and played a big role in avoiding relegation for us. Tommy Fraser also played a role but without any real talent or social grace.

I think we'll win but only by the one goal - we're tired and depleted and not sure we care too much

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We signed Brian Horton from Port Vale, probably our best ever captain, a true Brighton legend.

Robbie Earle's Perm

Jan 16, 2014
Thanks guys I went with Telford Seagull as he was first to reply but all contributions (even Rugrats) were appreciated.

Brian Horton was a great player for us too, not quite so good as a manager though he did have to work with our previous 'fan led' scumbag board which he ended up walking away from.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Thanks guys I went with Telford Seagull as he was first to reply but all contributions (even Rugrats) were appreciated.

Brian Horton was a great player for us too, not quite so good as a manager though he did have to work with our previous 'fan led' scumbag board which he ended up walking away from.

Nice one pal! Looks like I got my prediction right again too haha. Good luck for the rest of the season and would be nice to see Micky do well!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here