Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clueless today

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Not an a ounce of ambition to win that game today particularly in the second half.

Why we continue with Ulloa up top on his own feeding off scraps is beyond me. Let's be honest Derby were pretty ordinary today and were there for the taking.

I accept we are blighted with injuries and lacked pace today but that was so typical of how we set up away from home (and have done for over two years now).

I don't particularly have any animosity towards Garcia but wasn't he billed as a more attacking version of Poyet? I'd like to see more evidence of this away from home.

We missed out on automatic promotion last season for one reason and one reason only. Too many draws (17 I believe). Where's the value in that. Take a risk/gamble. You might drop a point here and there but surely there's more sense in going for all three points in the long run.

I can accept losing but what I can't accept is the manner in which we often do away from home.

Disappointing

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Everyone knows that a win and a loss yields 3 points but two draws only gets you 2 points but posession stats and one up front seem to be the modern way now ....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got to agree with you. We're doing so much right outside the final third, but inside it Ulloa in his own isn't working. He was so frustrated today he got carded for dissent near the end, I don't see him and Obika working together either.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I've got to agree with you. We're doing so much right outside the final third, but inside it Ulloa in his own isn't working. He was so frustrated today he got carded for dissent near the end, I don't see him and Obika working together either.

The sooner CMS is match fit the better IMHO

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ulloa straight down tunnel, Jones tried to send him over to fans, took a few steps, clapped and then disappeared.

Disappointing at the moment

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not an a ounce of ambition to win that game today particularly in the second half.

Why we continue with Ulloa up top on his own feeding off scraps is beyond me. Let's be honest Derby were pretty ordinary today and were there for the taking.

I accept we are blighted with injuries and lacked pace today but that was so typical of how we set up away from home (and have done for over two years now).

I don't particularly have any animosity towards Garcia but wasn't he billed as a more attacking version of Poyet? I'd like to see more evidence of this away from home.

We missed out on automatic promotion last season for one reason and one reason only. Too many draws (17 I believe). Where's the value in that. Take a risk/gamble. You might drop a point here and there but surely there's more sense in going for all three points in the long run.

I can accept losing but what I can't accept is the manner in which we often do away from home.

Disappointing

Can't argue with that I think we need more attacking intent in games especially at home. What surprises me is we have such a strong defence and holding midfield you would think we could be more adventurous going forward. Will be interesting to see how we setup when Lua Lua Buckley and CMS are fit

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ulloa straight down tunnel, Jones tried to send him over to fans, took a few steps, clapped and then disappeared.

Disappointing at the moment

For a £2M striker, he's a waste of space at present.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In theory the CMS of old will fit right into Oscar's pressing style of play, but it's asking a lot for him to make the difference this season. We need to replace Barnes fast too and I hope to see the Mason deal sorted soon. No one is linking between midfield and attack. KLL's stock has only got higher after today too.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
In theory the CMS of old will fit right into Oscar's pressing style of play, but it's asking a lot for him to make the difference this season. We need to replace Barnes fast too and I hope to see the Mason deal sorted soon. No one is linking between midfield and attack. KLL's stock has only got higher after today too.

Oscar's style of play? Do we really know what it is? Does he?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ulloa got fouled all afternoon and looked to have won a pen when he was pulled back in the box stopping him from following up a rebound. His only reward was to get booked in the 94th minute.

We lacked a winger more than anything today. Hopefully KLL is back next week, and we do a deal for Conway - it's crying out for him right now.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I really do think that where a player fails to perform to an appropriate standard, they should have their wages docked. Some of the performances we have seen today were woeful.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Get a grip chaps, it's a 1-0 defeat away to a team that currently lie in fourth where their keeper made a worldy for the Upson header!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here