Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC Support - recommendations please

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Hi,

Apologies for starting yet another computer help thread. I scanned about 20 others but couldn't find any recommendations.

Essentially, I can't cope:
... laptops, iPads, iPhones, iPods, iTunes, printers, cloud drives, shares, back ups, Kindles, readers, smartphones, intelligent cameras and a Blackberry or 2
... cables, earplugs, headphones, adapters, connectors, chargers, boosters
... wireless, bluetooth, air, near field communications

What have I tried?
... useless helplines charging premium rates to explain how it's all my fault
... smug little things at Apple who ooze pity when confronted by someone with grey hair
... corporate IT nutjobs who only want me to appreciate how clever and yet misunderstood they are
... call centres following constipated processess in far flung corners of the world
... a billion unintelligible websites who never seem to have heard of MY problem

Please please can someone recommend a human being / small business in Mid-Sussex who can help?

If not, I'll be going down the garden shed with a bottle of scotch and a revolver :shootself

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Hi,

Apologies for starting yet another computer help thread. I scanned about 20 others but couldn't find any recommendations.

... laptops, iPads, iPhones, iPods, iTunes, printers, cloud drives, shares, back ups, Kindles, readers, smartphones, intelligent cameras and a Blackberry or 2

What have I tried?
... smug little things at Apple who ooze pity when confronted by someone with grey hair
... corporate IT nutjobs who only want me to appreciate how clever and yet misunderstood they are
... call centres following constipated processess in far flung corners of the world
... a billion unintelligible websites who never seem to have heard of MY problem

Please please can someone recommend a human being / small business in Mid-Sussex who can help?

If not, I'll be going down the garden shed with a bottle of scotch and a revolver :shootself

Perhaps give some specifics, most of these things are relatively easy when you get your head round them

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
afraid im pretty close to being an IT nutjob who's clever yet misunderstood (especially by boss), but i'll have a stab if theres a specfic issue. or are you looking for general ongoing support? it is something thats poor in the IT industry unless you pay £££.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Hi,

What have I tried?

Dunno if this helps but have you tried either Completely PC in Burgess Hill? tel: 0871 9181821 Or Herian Support also in Burgess Hill tel: 01444 848261

I haven't used either but Completely PC helped a friend out and they've been around for several years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hi,

What have I tried?

Have you tried turning them all off and on?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
afraid im pretty close to being an IT nutjob who's clever yet misunderstood (especially by boss), but i'll have a stab if theres a specfic issue. or are you looking for general ongoing support? it is something thats poor in the IT industry unless you pay £££.

It's ongoing support - willing to pay, no issue with that. Everytime wifey turns up with a new bit of kit then I'm reluctantly catapaulted into the Geek role. Just don't want the hassle anymore - I just want to know that there's someone I can turn to (aw, bless!).

Feeling as useless as I did about 4:15 on 26/10/2002 when my youngest turned to me and said "Daddy, make it stop!".

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Perhaps give some specifics, most of these things are relatively easy when you get your head round them

Blimey that's unusual ... Nigel misses the point. I'm looking for a recommnedation, not another conversation about stuff I despise (something that applies equally to PC Support and CP Support).

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Dunno if this helps but have you tried either Completely PC in Burgess Hill? tel: 0871 9181821 Or Herian Support also in Burgess Hill tel: 01444 848261

I haven't used either but Completely PC helped a friend out and they've been around for several years.

Good man, just what I was after ... thanks.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It's ongoing support - willing to pay, no issue with that. Everytime wifey turns up with a new bit of kit then I'm reluctantly catapaulted into the Geek role. Just don't want the hassle anymore - I just want to know that there's someone I can turn to (aw, bless!).

Feeling as useless as I did about 4:15 on 26/10/2002 when my youngest turned to me and said "Daddy, make it stop!".

Well, there's your problem. Wifey. (Which means there's no solution!)

My wife also has to have all the latest gadgets, but luckily she understands most of them, and a few years later I inherit them for free when she gets the next version. I worked in IT for 35 years, but I'd rather stick with the same bits of kit that I know.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Hi,

What have I tried?

Have you tried restarting ? Sorry I get it all the time!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Blimey that's unusual ... Nigel misses the point. I'm looking for a recommnedation, not another conversation about stuff I despise (something that applies equally to PC Support and CP Support).

I was merely trying to point out that these things are not that hard, unfortunately you seem to not only have a chip on your shoulder but appear to be a bit simple as well. Most people would google the answer, but they have normal intelligence. Carry on in your ignorance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here