Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, why do Brighton fans hate Crystal Palace?

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I don't hate them, just feel soory for them as you would homeless people sleeping on the street in cardboard boxes pretending they lived in mansions

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It all started on 12th January 1963, when Crystal Palace fans made the most of the snowy conditions to build a snowman outside the Goldstone. It was a magnificent sight with a claret and blue scarf and woolly hat. When the Glaziers defeated Albion 2-1, Brighton fans smashed it up.

Palace fans then took retribution, causing trouble ten years later at a 'friendly' match in Brighton in 1973, but the Albion won the match 2-1.

Since then, it's been pretty feisty ever since, with 26,000 attending the match on the opening day of the 1974/75 at the Goldstone, where again there was violence.

When Brighton won 1-0 at Palace in September 1975, thanks to Barry Butlin, John Vinicombe wrote: 'The exchanges were conducted in a cup-tie atmosphere, and the cut-and-thrust carried through with the zest of deadly rivals.'

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Palace are just another side who happen to be nearer to us than others,the media and juvenile supporters keep this myth alive.

One thing I hate almost as much as Palace is BHA fans who try to diminish the rivalry. You don't have to hate them if you lack the courage to take the sting when they beat us, but don't call it a myth, I've got scars to prove it's real.
It might make no sense, but what aspect of being a Brighton fan does?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Palace are just another side who happen to be nearer to us than others,the media and juvenile supporters keep this myth alive.

I am neither media, nor juvenile.....I hate them.....with a passion, if they went out of business tomorrow, I would rejoice in that.......its that straightforward for me.

....but I don't let it run my life....only in a football context...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am neither media, nor juvenile.....I hate them.....with a passion, if they went out of business tomorrow, I would rejoice in that.......its that straightforward for me.

Palace going out of business, that would never happen, would it?
Oh hang on.:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here