Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
paula-howells-l229-1135216_478x359.jpg

Howells is relishing her chance in the first-team

PUBLISHED
17:09 17th January 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m really excited about it and the standard of football is going to be a lot better."
Paula Howells
Paula Howells is relishing the opportunity of being called up to the first-team squad this Sunday and cannot wait to face Tottenham.The England under-17 international has been a regular in Albion’s centre of excellence side, but this is the first time she has been involved with the senior side.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really excited about it and the standard of football is going to be a lot better. Hopefully I’ll develop more as a player.
“It’s a lot more competitive as we’re all fighting for places and we want to win. The centre is more about development so it’s a big step up and is very different to what I’m used to.
“It was a weird feeling on my first session as I look up to a number of the players. Obviously there are the likes of Charlotte Young, Kirsty Barton and Tammy Waine. But I think they’re all good players.
“I’m still nervous and shy now as I don’t know that many people, but it’s getting easier and my confidence is improving.
“It will be good to work with John [Donoghue] in the first team because I really like his coaching. He coaches the team differently to the centre, but I’m looking forward to it.
“I watched Spurs play last week and they look very physical, so it should be a good game.”
Elite Women and Girls’ Manager Tracy Doe believes Paula has the potential go very far for both club and country.
She added, “This young lady has the potential to go all the way and it could be the first of many times she'll put on the number 10 shirt for Brighton and hopefully England.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here