Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia 10 mins Press Conference

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Worth a watch, covers everything including Rams test................

http://www.player.seagulls.co.uk/la...20140117124800/page/0/name/oscar-on-rams-test

Watched it maybe an hour ago, and I'd agree that it's worth a watch. Two things concerned me: when asked about transfers in to BHA, he didn't exude confidence that we're going to get anyone to replace Barnes (mind you, he doesn't give much away about any subject, even at the best of times); and he mentioned the fact that other teams are "big" and have bigger budgets than us twice. I just wondered if he's starting to get p*ssed off that he can't get who he wants..... just a thought.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
he mentioned the fact that other teams are "big" and have bigger budgets than us twice.

He's disrespecting us, he needs to stop ****ing moaning and appreciate he's got a fantastic job and a fantastic Chairman and he's lucky to have it, if he's not happy with the budget he should **** off to somewhere else that has a bigger one if he thinks he's so much better than little old Brighton.

Or was that only the correct response when Gus said it?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He's disrespecting us, he needs to stop ****ing moaning and appreciate he's got a fantastic job and a fantastic Chairman and he's lucky to have it, if he's not happy with the budget he should **** off to somewhere else that has a bigger one if he thinks he's so much better than little old Brighton.

Indeed it was :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Watched it maybe an hour ago, and I'd agree that it's worth a watch. Two things concerned me: when asked about transfers in to BHA, he didn't exude confidence that we're going to get anyone to replace Barnes (mind you, he doesn't give much away about any subject, even at the best of times); and he mentioned the fact that other teams are "big" and have bigger budgets than us twice. I just wondered if he's starting to get p*ssed off that he can't get who he wants..... just a thought.

I thought he looked quite relaxed about this transfer market and although he didn't say it, it looks like he only wants players to come in without any preconditions and guarantees of a starting place. This could be the issue with Grabban, the smaller negotiating details.

He is probably too busy and too professional to spend time setting his heart on individual players like us lot and he will get the best out of who we have.

I think he is pleased to get Obika and Monakana so he has enough to get on with at the moment. I just hope he isn't on NSC all day waiting for some transfer news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If he says similar in pretty well every pre match press conference then yes. As we are in the middle of a transfer window and have lost two players that we haven't yet replaced, along with yet more untimely injuries then I'd expect him to make reference to our limitations. But carry on defending Gus' incessant whinging if it makes you feel better.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

The difference is that he's not threatening to sod off as the club aren't matching his ambition or even actually moaning about it at all just stating it as understated fact. But carry on defending the ego maniac and posting your poor attempts at wit if it helps you get over his loss.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The difference is that he's not threatening to sod off as the club aren't matching his ambition or even actually moaning about it at all just stating it as understated fact. But carry on defending the ego maniac and posting your poor attempts at wit if it helps you get over his loss.

This 'ego maniac' thing really is odd. How many top players, managers, or even very successful people aren't 'ego maniacs'? Is Jose Mourinho a nice, modest, down to earth guy? How about SAF? Fabiola Capello?What about Brian Clough? These guys were all about themselves. Number 1. The boss. All about them.

It's a hard fact, but generally the most successful people on this world aren't particularly nice. Mainly because it's difficult to get that level of success of you are. So I really don't see what people's issue with Poyet being a bit of a cock was. Most top managers and players are. Russell Slade was a lovely guy, would you rather have him in charge?

Also, it took Poyet a lot longer than 6 months to start moaning about the budget. And as anyone with an ounce of sense knows, you always play down the budget you have. It's not going to help you much in transfer dealings if you come out and say "we're filthy rich, money is no object", is it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he says similar in pretty well every pre match press conference then yes. As we are in the middle of a transfer window and have lost two players that we haven't yet replaced, along with yet more untimely injuries then I'd expect him to make reference to our limitations. But carry on defending Gus' incessant whinging if it makes you feel better.

*History hastily being rewritten*

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This 'ego maniac' thing really is odd. How many top players, managers, or even very successful people aren't 'ego maniacs'? Is Jose Mourinho a nice, modest, down to earth guy? How about SAF? Fabiola Capello?What about Brian Clough? These guys were all about themselves. Number 1. The boss. All about them.

It's a hard fact, but generally the most successful people on this world aren't particularly nice. Mainly because it's difficult to get that level of success of you are. So I really don't see what people's issue with Poyet being a bit of a cock was. Most top managers and players are. Russell Slade was a lovely guy, would you rather have him in charge?

Also, it took Poyet a lot longer than 6 months to start moaning about the budget. And as anyone with an ounce of sense knows, you always play down the budget you have. It's not going to help you much in transfer dealings if you come out and say "we're filthy rich, money is no object", is it?

Very noticeable that it coincided pretty neatly with Barber coming in. I'm guessing TB had previously promised GP certain things that were then taken away when PB came in, conjecture I know but logical, and if your job description changed halfway through your contract by quite a way you'd probably be a bit cheesed off too, no?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love Oscar's laid back and philosophical outlook. We are in good hands both on and off the pitch imo . From today's online Argus

“We obviously want to bring in some new faces, for me as soon as possible, but the club is working on a list of targets and we will see what we can do.

“I think it’s an important period. You can see most of the teams are signing players and we want to also but we have to think about a lot of things beforehand.”

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Good points, well made. I'm fully behind OG but I do miss Poyet's press conferences... always entertaining, whereas that was just, well, dull - especially considering everything that has happened recently.

I personally loved the fact that Poyet was charismatic and enthusiastic and sometimes spoke before thinking about what he was saying. Could always see the Clough and Mourinho comparisons. And yes, I wish he was still our manager.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Good post. It amazes me that the morons on here STILL can't see the difference.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

At least you accept Gus is a 'cock'. Your words, not mine. The difference between Jose, Sir Alex and the others you mention being arrogant egotists and Gus being the same, is that their success warrants their arrogance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I love Oscar's laid back and philosophical outlook. We are in good hands both on and off the pitch imo . From today's online Argus

“We obviously want to bring in some new faces, for me as soon as possible, but the club is working on a list of targets and we will see what we can do.

“I think it’s an important period. You can see most of the teams are signing players and we want to also but we have to think about a lot of things beforehand.”

Again, good post. Compare and contrast with Gus' BS. It seems some idiots STILL can't spot the difference.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I notice you often make 4 or 5 posts immediately after one another. Do you have a 21st century technology based stutter ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here