Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anybody been ?

Today's Ales, Ciders and Wines, 17th January 2014

Kissingate Brewery, Smelters Stout, 5.1% abv £3.20
Burning Sky, Plateau, 3.5% abv £3.10
Downlands, Ruskins Ram, 4% abv £3.00

Cider

Dreymans Wasp Blood, 5.9% abv (500ml Bottle)
Dreymans, Golden Squirrel, 6.4% abv (500ml Bottle)
JB, Medium Cider, 7.5% abv (draught)

Will be sampling these tonight :drink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I tried the Smelters Stout in Autumn in The Good Companions, very nice beer.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Purchased some Harveys Winter Ale from the gent who runs it. Nice drop of stuff, only marginally spoiled by the fact I ended up taking it away in plastic milk containers :dunce:

Love the idea of a micropub. What happens if it gets too popular though - does it turn into a normal pub? :mad:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Purchased some Harveys Winter Ale from the gent who runs it. Nice drop of stuff, only marginally spoiled by the fact I ended up taking it away in plastic milk containers :dunce:

Love the idea of a micropub. What happens if it gets too popular though - does it turn into a normal pub? :mad:

Is this your first experience of buying draught beer and cider to take home ? Most small offies and even the cider farm at Firle sells it like this. Still, on the bright side, no one could tell that you had bought Harvey's to take away so it's not all bad. :thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003

When there was the beer shop in South Farm Road, I saw some bloke go into the shop to be told they didn't have any spare containers. He went to the mini-mart a few doors down, bought two plastic bottles of milk, emptied them into the gutter and came back into the shop to get them filled with beer. That is dedication to the cause (or the definition of an alcoholic).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
When there was the beer shop in South Farm Road, I saw some bloke go into the shop to be told they didn't have any spare containers. He went to the mini-mart a few doors down, bought two plastic bottles of milk, emptied them into the gutter and came back into the shop to get them filled with beer. That is dedication to the cause (or the definition of an alcoholic).
I did that in Venice once outside a wine shop (selling the stuff straight out the barrel) with 2-litre bottles of water

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Anybody been ?

Today's Ales, Ciders and Wines, 17th January 2014

Kissingate Brewery, Smelters Stout, 5.1% abv £3.20
Burning Sky, Plateau, 3.5% abv £3.10
Downlands, Ruskins Ram, 4% abv £3.00

Cider

Dreymans Wasp Blood, 5.9% abv (500ml Bottle)
Dreymans, Golden Squirrel, 6.4% abv (500ml Bottle)
JB, Medium Cider, 7.5% abv (draught)

Will be sampling these tonight :drink:

Sample too many of these tonight and you can add a W at the beginning of the thread title.:lolol:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
In the days when pubs had a public bar and a saloon bar (different prices for the same product) many had a separate entrance with a counter called the Bottle and Jug where bottled and draught beer could bought to take away. An example was the now demolished "Morning Star" in Ham Road, Shoreham.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

The shop was the Beer Box and I fear the gent in question may be my brother in law!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Had a pint of JB medium cider - certainly sets you up for the night !!
A bottle of Wasps Blood - has a real sting !!
3 pints of Bedlam Best Bitter - lovely !

This place is well worth a visit

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It's a good place, reasonably priced too, I try and visit when I'm down that end of town

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Went out with friends in Hove last night and at one point we had a couple of bottles of Westmalle Dubbel .. lovely beer but at £6 a pop we should have been in one of those poncey craft ale places.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here