Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Inigo Calderon - Does his face fit?

Andy8

Jan 25, 2013
AEA and AB have both sited the above as partial reason for leaving the club. Given that our much loved Spaniard has been doing a lot of bench time this season what does the future hold for him?

Jimmy Grimble

Regardless of whether his face fits, his name deservedly doesn't fit on the first XI teamsheet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There was a post, from someone who called AEA leaving early, that they share an agent, and Calderon is also frustrated at not being able to get in the team, and may be looking to move on for regular football.

Andy8

Jan 25, 2013
My fears exactly. Especially after his Twitter comments about yesterday being a bad day for the club

Rock

Jan 31, 2008
WHY WHY WHY are people making it out that the faces do not fit - they had a falling out with nathan jones.. or double guessing reasons why players have left. Both players would accept that IF we get promoted to the prem - then neither of them would get a sniff of playing in our first team. Believe it or not.. this is their job, life and passion and they WANT to play the game. Both left as they were offered longer term contracts than we are preparing to offer them - almost gauranteed first team football which allows them to do what they love (not all footballers are money grabbers and are happy to take a wage with no intention to play the game.)
These two have left to give them and their families some stability (lets face it - why move all way to Burnely/Bristol when quite settled down here..)
We are planning for the future. This frees up places/funds to replace with players who can make the step to the premiership.. which is why (thus far) we have not sold Bridcutt or Ulloa to a prem team.. they are part of the plans for when we eventually go up..
Adam regretted not leaving to Barnsley in the Summer..(this is fact) especially as the first few months of season he was not playing... he was feeling better about playing first team football again when Greer was injured.. however, the club captain/scotland international got the nod ahead of him and adam was back on bench. It was time to move on - better long term future, playing opportunity and realised that he would not fit in the clubs prem ambitions.
Not his face doesnt fit - or a falling out.. for purely footballing reasons..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Slightly different for Calde - he's 32 - no-one's going to be offering him a three-year contract. He has a lot to offer Brighton, even after playing, and I hope the club recognises that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
AEA and AB have both sited the above as partial reason for leaving the club. Given that our much loved Spaniard has been doing a lot of bench time this season what does the future hold for him?

Calderon has played in 20 of our 27 competitive fixtures this season.

Just saying.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I see Calde's face fitting into a 2020 Albion Topless Seniors Calendar. For me, he's August of it and fits just fine. Greer's looking a bit rough in November though.

WHY WHY WHY are people making it out that the faces do not fit - they had a falling out with nathan jones.. or double guessing reasons why players have left. Both players would accept that IF we get promoted to the prem - then neither of them would get a sniff of playing in our first team. Believe it or not.. this is their job, life and passion and they WANT to play the game. Both left as they were offered longer term contracts than we are preparing to offer them - almost gauranteed first team football which allows them to do what they love (not all footballers are money grabbers and are happy to take a wage with no intention to play the game.)
These two have left to give them and their families some stability (lets face it - why move all way to Burnely/Bristol when quite settled down here..)
We are planning for the future. This frees up places/funds to replace with players who can make the step to the premiership.. which is why (thus far) we have not sold Bridcutt or Ulloa to a prem team.. they are part of the plans for when we eventually go up..
Adam regretted not leaving to Barnsley in the Summer..(this is fact) especially as the first few months of season he was not playing... he was feeling better about playing first team football again when Greer was injured.. however, the club captain/scotland international got the nod ahead of him and adam was back on bench. It was time to move on - better long term future, playing opportunity and realised that he would not fit in the clubs prem ambitions.
Not his face doesnt fit - or a falling out.. for purely footballing reasons..

No place for sensible posts like this on here surely?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Please divulge the sources where AEA and AB have sited that their face doesn't fit at the club.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

:FFSPuncheon:fishing:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It must be frustrating when you're second choice to a player who plays like a football genius one game and then like he's blindfolded the next.

This, although we could change the one game-next game bit to one half-next half or even five minutes-next five minutes.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
This, although we could change the one game-next game bit to one half-next half or even five minutes-next five minutes.

Aye. I get stupidly excited every time the ball goes near Bruno not knowing if he'll balance it on his nose, spin and jump over three tackles before launching a 30 yard pin-point ball to someone, or whether he'll look one way and then blindly pass it it to the nearest opposition player with a clear run on goal. That's entertainment.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I cannot contemplate a time where Inigo is not part of our club. But if he needed to go for personal/family reasons I would understand it, its his job. I dont think he will go as I believe he sees this club as his family.

Sad for OP to start this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here