Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do BHA save, by selling El-Abd before his testimonial?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He didn't have to go did he? Wants to play and has a nice new long term contract. I wouldn't have expected a player like El Abd to settle for being at best a bench player barring injuries to the first choice just so he could have a testimonial.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Testimonials are never that well attended these days anyway, especially Brighton ones. I may be wrong but I thought they were to give a player who was packing the game in a final payday in the era of lower paid player, especially in the lower divisions. Bit of an anachronism now given player wages.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure Adam considered this when he asked to be allowed to leave.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He didn't have to go did he? Wants to play and has a nice new long term contract. I wouldn't have expected a player like El Abd to settle for being at best a bench player barring injuries to the first choice just so he could have a testimonial.
Exactly, we didnt force him out, we wanted him to stay,... he chose to go to a lower league club, a struggling one at that.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Went to the FDM's testimonial and he was only the pitch for about 15-20 minutes. Wasn't best pleased.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Testimonials are never that well attended these days anyway, especially Brighton ones. I may be wrong but I thought they were to give a player who was packing the game in a final payday in the era of lower paid player, especially in the lower divisions. Bit of an anachronism now given player wages.

This. The last one I went to was Dougie Freedman's at Selhurst, he only played half the game. And it finished 0-0.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here