Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter whats it all about?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In fairness, Stan is an easy target. Read the article below. Whilst I am not advocating Racial abuse very few of you will not be able to think 'bell end' by the end of it.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...p-relegation-and-promotion-article201025.html

The problem with the low brow tabloid breed of journalists like Collymore, Durham etc they write articles to just promote reaction. I don't personally believe this is at all consistent with his own views but it gets clicks and readership for the Mirror. Give it a week or two and he will be saying something completely the opposite on Talkshite.

That abuse that Stan has been receiving is pretty awful, but Twitter is the wild west of the internet. Even if they prosecute people in the UK, those on overseas accounts will be hard to track down. Today on BBC he was suggesting age verification on twitter, well you can but dream..

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The problem with the low brow tabloid breed of journalists like Collymore, Durham etc they write articles to just promote reaction. I don't personally believe this is at all consistent with his own views but it gets clicks and readership for the Mirror. Give it a week or two and he will be saying something completely the opposite on Talkshite.

That abuse that Stan has been receiving is pretty awful, but Twitter is the wild west of the internet. Even if they prosecute people in the UK, those on overseas accounts will be hard to track down. Today on BBC he was suggesting age verification on twitter, well you can but dream..

As you say, he clearly writes stuff for a reaction rather than really beleives it - At least I don't think anyone, even Stan, can be that thick to believe what is in that column.

I just take issue that he courts negative opinion and then complains when he gets it. Whilst some of the abuse he gets is overboard, Stan knows as well as anyone that some 13 year old whose only experience of guns is the latest Eminem album isn't going to go through with his death threat.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As you say, he clearly writes stuff for a reaction rather than really beleives it - At least I don't think anyone, even Stan, can be that thick to believe what is in that column.

I just take issue that he courts negative opinion and then complains when he gets it. Whilst some of the abuse he gets is overboard, Stan knows as well as anyone that some 13 year old whose only experience of guns is the latest Eminem album isn't going to go through with his death threat.

Appearances on BBC Breakfast, Five Live, Radio 4, he said "I'd rather not be doing this on my birthday". Stan's stock can only rise from this. A lot of people that don't know football will have never have heard of him...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure how to embed tweets in NSC. Be grateful if someone could tell me.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
You don't want to embed that here anyway. Not yet.

Totally the wrong thread. I was looking for one that was about tweets, and came across this one. Yet the actual post was meant for the Shoreham thread. I've got too many windows open.

Edit: But I realise your point (now removed). I didn't realise the tweet carried the photo with it.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Totally the wrong thread. I was looking for one that was about tweets, and came across this one. Yet the actual post was meant for the Shoreham thread. I've got too many windows open.

Edit: But I realise your point.

:).

You click on 'detail' on the tweet itself, copy the long number at the end and then type [ TWEET ]the number[ TWEET]

Without the spaces.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here