El Abd legends wall?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Definitely

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
100% agree! I got Adam to sign my Egyptian football shirt and he was amazed someone would go out and get one cause he had been picked for the national team. Such a humble person and defently one if us

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just a quick point of order: the club have stressed before the display outside the West Stand is NOT a Legends' Wall per se, more an art installation of some key Albion moments from the past. I completely agree, however, that El-Abd is far more deserving than, say, Leon Knight.

However, I have a vague recollection from my tour of the museum that there's going to be a fan-nominated Legends' piece in or around the museum - and he should clearly be present there also.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just a quick point of order: the club have stressed before the display outside the West Stand is NOT a Legends' Wall per se, more an art installation of some key Albion moments from the past. I completely agree, however, that El-Abd is far more deserving than, say, Leon Knight.

However, I have a vague recollection from my tour of the museum that there's going to be a fan-nominated Legends' piece in or around the museum - and he should clearly be present there also.

Ah, that famous MOMENT when Mark Lawrenson kicked a ball, and that famous moment when Charlie Oatway looked tubby and old.

Why do the club persist with what is clearly a lie? Leon Knight's pic is the only one that is linked to a moment.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

What about the players on the windows of Dicks Bar - they are meant to be 'legends' aren't they? I don't suppose they are easy to change though (I vote AEA in, Leon Knight out)

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
What about the players on the windows of Dicks Bar - they are meant to be 'legends' aren't they? I don't suppose they are easy to change though (I vote AEA in, Leon Knight out)

Oscar has replaced Gus on the windows in Dick's - so it can be done.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Hopefully, it will be more representative than the ill-thought out and hastily put together ' wall of memories ' or whatever it is called. Any outsider/neutral looking at that would assume that nothing happened in BHA history outside two short periods...1979-1983 and 2000-2005.
1) No Charity Shield winner.
2) No Tommy Cook ( All-time Sussex legend ) Arthur Attwood, Bullet Jones.
3) No Charlie Webb...No Billy Lane ( First BHA manager to achieve promotion )
4) No Adrian Thorne ( immortality with 5 goals v Watford )
5) No Alan Mullery....ridiculous.
....and so on.
As for Adam El Abd...thoroughly deserves a place in Albion history. He has worn the shirt with pride, courage and never less than full-on commitment. He has been an object lesson to all young pro's, that you fight for the cause, no matter what. The sort of bloke you'd want next to you in times of trouble. A model and respected professional.
Good Luck Adam.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Plus the Leon knight one is knackered out too. Replace it I say.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I'm all for it but wouldn't want a player to be up there until they have retired. And yes I realise Zamora is up there already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here