Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who else will leave in this transfer window (from the first team squad)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not seeing this as a negative thread title but i guess i am a little bit bemused:

Barnes ..i guess something was on the cards as he hadn't signed his contract...but before Burnley came back in for him i didn't really think it was going to happen this soon.

El Abd....well who saw that one coming?

I guess the obvious answer to the thread title is Bridcutt ...and then there are the rumours re Buckley (can't see that happening myself because of his injury)....then we have Lua Lua and Tom (correct me if I am wrong) they are are out of contract this summer, but I would be very surprised to see them go...surely no one else is leaving this transfer window?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Too late to lose bridcutt now I think?
Will be gone in the summer.

Really hope we can offload Buckley and bring in Conway.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I don't actually think any others will leave. A deal may be done for Bridcutt for the summer, but it may not be Sunderland and may be dependant on if Sunderland finish outside the relegation places.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The simple fact is that despite having sold two first team players, we have yet to sign anyone of note permanently. I hope the next two weeks prove to be more productive and we don't hear any excuses on 31 January about how close we were to signing X and Y etc but we just couldn't pull them off etc. I would be royally pissed off if this proves to be the case.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bridcutt is probably the only one unless we get an incredible offer for someone. I would think we'll replace El Abd and bring in another central midfielder to replace Bridcutt/cover for Crofts. If there is any money left, it will go on Conway.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The simple fact is that despite having sold two first team players, we have yet to sign anyone of note permanently. I hope the next two weeks prove to be more productive and we don't hear any excuses on 31 January about how close we were to signing X and Y etc but we just couldn't pull them off etc. I would be royally pissed off if this proves to be the case.

The simple fact is we've hopefully replaced Barnes and the only other player we've lost was back up. I don't understand the need for so much negativity. Why not trust the club?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The simple fact is we've hopefully replaced Barnes and the only other player we've lost was back up. I don't understand the need for so much negativity. Why not trust the club?

I do trust the club Finchley but we have been let down in the past when it comes to replacing players, as I'm sure you will be aware.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hopefully is the operative word. He hasn't been replaced yet.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I do trust the club Finchley but we have been let down in the past when it comes to replacing players, as I'm sure you will be aware.

It's different now. Since we've been at the Amex, the club has generally kept their promises in terms of buying/replacing players. We're not at Withdean anymore.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's different now. Since we've been at the Amex, the club has generally kept their promises in terms of buying/replacing players. We're not at Withdean anymore.

Generally? Have they? Hopefully, my pessimism will be completely unfounded. Time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here