Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which social class do you belong to?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A study published on the BBC website today suggested people in the UK now fit into one of seven distinct classes, as opposed to the traditional three. Which do you belong to?
I reckon I'm somewhere between Established and Technical middle class. To be honest, when you have young kids, social and cultural capital tends to go out of the window, unless you count weekends spent at zoos, play-barns and watching Justin's House and Swashbuckle on Cbeebies...

Elite
The most privileged group in the UK, distinct from the other six classes through its wealth.

Established middle class
The second wealthiest. The largest and most gregarious group, scoring second highest for cultural capital

Technical middle class
A small, distinctive new class group which is prosperous but scores low for social and cultural capital. Distinguished by its social isolation and cultural apathy

New affluent workers
A young class group which is socially and culturally active, with middling levels of economic capital.

Traditional working class
Scores low on all forms of capital, but is not completely deprived. Its members have reasonably high house values, explained by this group having the oldest average age at 66

Emergent service workers
A new, young, urban group which is relatively poor but has high social and cultural capital.

Precariat, or precarious proletariat.
The poorest, most deprived class, scoring low for social and cultural capital

If you want to take the survey, you can find it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22007058

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Born a Prole and will no doubt die a Prole.

No need to take a survey to tell me that.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Rubbish, it said this about me

Enjoy a diverse range of cultural activities
(Maybe a bit, but not really, football, music, that's about it)
Went to university
(no I did not, not even close to it)
Are comfortably off, secure and established
(nothing of the sort, not secure at all, I work in sales. Established? You never are when you're in sales. Comfortably off, well, I look forward to seeing the overdraft reduce for a couple of weeks each payday)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here