Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Oscar having a say in these transfers ?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I doubt he has any input into players leaving, probably more of a say in players coming in.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Hasn't this been covered at fans forum and club confirmed Garcia is involved in all decisions but others put suggestions/players to him?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
By the tone of Andy Naylors twitter he is head coach and the deals nothing to do with him

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1 hr
@swindonqueso Wouldn't say that. Head coach title has more significance than initially seemed the case.

Er, I read the opposite. How the arse have you come to that conclusion from that?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As much as these are decent guys, we need a squad for the potential of getting to the Premier League. Our old Div 1 squad was clearly not up to the task. :)

Also Oscar will 100% have a say in any dealings!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just said on another thread but some tweets suggesting Nathan Jones wanted Barnes and El Abd out. Also with Burke.
You'd think that if Nathan gets a say, then the manager should have a say too. It may not be the final say, but it would be a bit rubbish if his views were not taken into account.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't Tony Bloom say that Oscar was well prepared for his interview and came along with a dossier on all the players analysing their strengths and weaknesses ?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You'd think that if Nathan gets a say, then the manager should have a say too. It may not be the final say, but it would be a bit rubbish if his views were not taken into account.

Yes agreed, however the tweets state personal differences. I hope and more importantly personally don't believe bloom would allow unprofessional judgments.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Didn't Tony Bloom say that Oscar was well prepared for his interview and came along with a dossier on all the players analysing their strengths and weaknesses ?

Yes he did.

And yes to the op's question as well. At the end of the day, the club are trying to build a squad for the Premier League and, sad that it is, Adam is not good enough for that ambition. He would not get to play much in the next few years and clearly wants to play, so off he must go. Sad, but realistic.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
By the tone of Andy Naylors twitter he is head coach and the deals nothing to do with him

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 1 hr
@swindonqueso Wouldn't say that. Head coach title has more significance than initially seemed the case.

Surely that implies the opposite?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here