Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't care, I'm happy to say it...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
...I bloody love Adam El-Abd.

He's one of us. A Sussex boy who has pulled on the sacred stripes 300 times. And you know every time he's done so, he's gone out and given it the proverbial 110%, and more besides.

The most gifted of footballers? Of course not, but he's a determined battler with a massive heart.

The Albion will be a slightly sadder place, for me, if he's not part of it any more.

Apparently he's not Premier League ReadyTM

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree, he has been my favourite player (are adults still allowed to have favourite players?) for years. He always gave his all, even when he was made to play at the back of a midfield diamond.

He was a battler. Every second he was on the pitch I knew that someone cared. Even when we were 3 goals down, he still battled.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Agree 100%.
Break him in half if you could and he would bleed Seagull blood.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will be sad, but does increasingly look a liability for me I'm afraid. Always looks like a penalty waiting to happen

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
one of us
to be sure

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Loved his whole-hearted attitude.

Yeah, it might have frightened a few (quite funny that it did, actually) that he looked like he was going to give away penalties, but it was never that many, and bloody good fun to watch the opposition player being roughed-up. Also his theatricals could be a little swan-like, but I don't care.

He was (no, sod it - 'is') one of us. Never cheated the shirt, never shirked, always in the middle of it. Even wanted to give the ref some lip after the Bournemouth game before Captain Calderon told him to sling his hook.

As for that left-footed 25-yard beauty against Leyton Orient...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Totally agree. Not only is he one of us but he is easily good enough to stay with us in the Championship.

He's one of my favourite Albion players and I'll be gutted if he goes.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree. Said this on the other thread.

Adam El Abd was one of us. He was the man in the crowd.

We can admire all the others, but he felt like he was from our terraces.

Gutted.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Actually, there is a photo somewhere on NSC of what his thigh actually looked like when it was ripped open by a stud...

Which put an end to his funny little spell of playing with his socks rolled down, I seem to recall.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And if he goes like this then we never got the chance to say goodbye!

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Yep, not the greatest CB we've seen but gave it everything. In recent years have sometimes felt we are too nice at the back and then El-Abd would get a game, and if nothing else, the opposing forward would know he's been in a game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Always had time for the fans as well.

He obviously wants to play every week and if Bristol City are offering him and his family more security, as well as the promise of a regular starting place, then you can't blame him for going.

He will be missed, if only for the collective INTAKE of breath around the Amex when he STEAMS in to a challenge.

I will always remember him for the Rickie Lambert incident

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Thanks for the fantastic memories Adam! Good luck at Bristol, I hope you leave the Albion on good terms. I would love to see El-Abd back at the Amex when his career is over and he gets a job at the club in some capacity.
I hope we don't regret this sale. Dunk is good but if we get an injury to Greer or Upson, could he be a successful CB in a play off run in?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep, not the greatest CB we've seen but gave it everything. In recent years have sometimes felt we are too nice at the back and then El-Abd would get a game, and if nothing else, the opposing forward would know he's been in a game.

Depends what your definition of greatest is, but understand what you're saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here