Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's exactly 23 years since BRYAN WADE day

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I was in Thailand at the time. I remember reading the score in the paper ( probably a week later ) and thinking Who the F***

Can't beleave it 23 years since I made that error of judgment in the ' no hands bar '

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have told this before. But I went with my mate's mate - a Sunderland fan. We went for more than a few pints before at The Eclipse. This lad was clearly not happy at Newcastle looking like they were going to stuff us - so at 2-0 down (and I think in the first half) I said I'd go back down the pub with him ................

...... never leave early kids. Still nice to see those goals, cheers El Pres.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was in my usual NW terrace. There was a big away following from Newcastle, and they were playing in green and yellow!

A decent match and unusual occurrence. Were Micky Quinn and Mark McGhee the Newcastle front two that night?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I was in my usual NW terrace. There was a big away following from Newcastle, and they were playing in green and yellow!

A decent match and unusual occurrence. Were Micky Quinn and Mark McGhee the Newcastle front two that night?

I remember Quinn was playing, and his kit being a lot tighter than his fellow team mates

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not bad for a home debut.

It wasn't his home debut, he played against Middlesbrough earlier in the season

I have told this before. But I went with my mate's mate - a Sunderland fan. We went for more than a few pints before at The Eclipse. This lad was clearly not happy at Newcastle looking like they were going to stuff us - so at 2-0 down (and I think in the first half) I said I'd go back down the pub with him ................

We weren't 2-0 down, we were 1-0 up at half-time

My main memory of that match was the Gulf War starting, I remember getting home and watching a news report of Baghdad coming under attack

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was there. This remains one of my favourite games ever. I remember Wade walking off in tears, so overcome was he with his stunning performance.

Sadly, he never lived up to the hype from that match.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
My first South Stand game that night. Had done East/West/North but wanted to complete the set. I remember going home giddy with excitement and telling anyone who would care to listen that the new Peter Ward had arrived.

I am big enough to admit I was wrong.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It wasn't his home debut, he played against Middlesbrough earlier in the season

We weren't 2-0 down, we were 1-0 up at half-time

My main memory of that match was the Gulf War starting, I remember getting home and watching a news report of Baghdad coming under attack

I was there.

The incredible thing was that the fences were still up in the North Stand, 21 months after Hillsborough.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
23 years. It's hard to believe. I'd forgotten the timing with desert storm, got home from the football and didn't go to bed that night. It was the first big conflict we'd been involved in where there was 24 hour news. Prior to it all kicking off, I stood on the west terrace just behind the away dug-out. For some strange reason, I derived immense satisfaction from hurling imprecations at the visiting managers.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
And this is the reason why I cannot stand and applaud anyone being subbed who has had an average game because I clearly remember giving Bryan a standing ovation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here