Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compensation...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anyone know much about it?

I have been contacted by a solicitor claiming to be able to fairly straightforwardly get me something like £2,000 following a no fault minor car prang I was involved in 18 months ago.

Very hard sell and very sharp practice involved regarding, shall we say, economy with the truth over extent of resultant aches and pain. ("Still suffering from occasional back pain you say, Sir?")

Crux of it was that money is "set aside" by insurers to compensate people and I'd be a mug not to accept what is available to me... no medical examinations and all easy.

Any experience, or professional knowledge, on here?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where do you think the money is coming from? Increased premiums.

So sure, you might get £2k, but its not helping the fact insurance is rising for EVERYONE because of this 'practice'

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Claiming compensation when you dont really need it is the sole reason me, you and everyone pays so DAMN much for car insurance.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Where do you think the money is coming from? Increased premiums.

So sure, you might get £2k, but its not helping the fact insurance is rising for EVERYONE because of this 'practice'
That is a highly altruistic stance. Not one I'd be overly influenced by if offered a straightforward 2 bags.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
From a professional point of view.
1: Money is not set aside by insurers.
2: Exaggeration is fraud.
3: I'm a Motor Claims Fraud Investigator.

:beer:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Claiming compensation when you dont really need it is the sole reason me, you and everyone pays so DAMN much for car insurance.
Agreed.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think you will find it's called fraud.
So is not paying every penny of tax that we should do.... Surely the issue is what can safely be got away with?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
That is a highly altruistic stance. Not one I'd be overly influenced by if offered a straightforward 2 bags.

You are being conned - the solicitor will be getting a nice earner out of it and if anything real happens to you in future you might jeopardise a real claim for a lot more money.

F'kin Solicitors!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I thought this had now been stopped by the government ?

The company that have contacted you will subtlety suggest to you that you might have had aches and pains after your crash. If you "agree" then they place a claim - most insurers will then insist on you seeing an appointed Doctor for an examination ( pointless I know ! ). If you agree many insurers will then make a small offer - around £1k to settle BEFORE you are examined ( they are attempting to call your bluff with the demand for a medical examination ). You can agree the settlement offer or go for the examination after which you may get a higher settlement offer.

*** I do not condone nor disagree with any of this ***

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
People that claim by exaggeration are scum.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd love to hear which Law firm are involved here.
The initial phonecall came from "Ultimate Contact Solutions" and once we'd established I had a workable case I was put in touch with "John Cunningham & Associates".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The initial phonecall came from "Ultimate Contact Solutions" and once we'd established I had a workable case I was put in touch with "John Cunningham & Associates".

Sounds like call centre scammers

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I thought this had now been stopped by the government ?

The company that have contacted you will subtlety suggest to you that you might have had aches and pains after your crash. If you "agree" then they place a claim - most insurers will then insist on you seeing an appointed Doctor for an examination ( pointless I know ! ). If you agree many insurers will then make a small offer - around £1k to settle BEFORE you are examined ( they are attempting to call your bluff with the demand for a medical examination ). You can agree the settlement offer or go for the examination after which you may get a higher settlement offer.

*** I do not condone nor disagree with any of this ***
You have the bones of it correct. All seems quite straightforward and a modest financial recompense for being crashed into by a bad driver.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here