Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL Games at Wembley

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I was going to post this in the existing NFL thread but apparently 'NFL' is too small a word to search for and after looking through 3 pages of Forum threads I couldn't be bothered to look anymore!!

Anyone else going to go to the NFL games at Wembley this year? Single game tickets have finally been released at more 'normal' prices so I'm going to go to the Miami Dolphins vs Oakland Raiders game :D I hope the Raiders have a better season and will therefore win! ;)

Z

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I have booked for the same game - been meaning to go but not interested in the season ticket package! Cheers for the heads up, gone cheapest ticket to see what its like as a live event!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Gonna wait til after the draft and then get scouring StubHub, which, if you're unsure of which game you'd like to go to I recc doing, my mate got tickets for the last 3 games on there at no extra price really.

If Jags/Raiders draft in Bridgewater or Jonny 'Football' Manziel I'll go to their games.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I'm off to the Detroit game with a mate who used to live in Motor City and is a massive Lions fan....then going to the Dallas game with the family as its the missus' birthday that day (I'm lucky that she loves the NFL). Been to a few IS games now and looking forward to it again!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'm going to the raiders game, £70 tickets, a lot more than I paid to see them in Oakland in 2012. Managed to get $150 tickets for $10 to that

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Im going with my gf, my brother and his wife to the detriot Lions game, i have also been for last 2 years and seen 49ers this year who i support and hopefully will win the superbowl.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Im going with my gf, my brother and his wife to the detriot Lions game, i have also been for last 2 years and seen 49ers this year who i support and hopefully will win the superbowl.

Not if my Seahawks can help it !!

Also, since im quite tight - got the cheap tickets in Block 540 - above(ish) one of the big screens. Any ideas what the view is like from up there ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Also, since im quite tight - got the cheap tickets in Block 540 - above(ish) one of the big screens. Any ideas what the view is like from up there ?

article-1357718-0C1F86FF000005DC-398_634x382.jpg

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

Going to be a very very tough game vs the seahawks. But i know the 49ers if do perform we can beat anyone. Come on you 9ers.

Jul 7, 2003
Yep - got tickets for the Lions Falcons game. Nice early Sunday afternoon kick off so makes it much easier to take the boy with me.

Jul 7, 2003
Do they have tailgate parties?

In name only. The tailgate party is a big corporate event in the Wembley car parks with various merchandise, food and drink stalls as well as some bands. Not tailgating in the proper US tradition.

The better event in London is usually held at The Green Man where the unofficial party has grown so much, the NFL now have an official merchandise stall.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Lions Falcons game here too - then 3 games after this on the same day - should be class

should find out tomorrow if I've got SuperBash tickets as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How strange. Should look it up really but do they have like home, away and neutral games then?
Can you imagine the uproar if we played a set of games in another continent! Someone, please think of the season ticket holders!

Nope. Its just a regular season game "franchised" over here.

You generally get one of the smaller NFL teams sacrificing what would have been a home fixture to play it at Wembley. You'll probably never get a team like the Cowboys or the 49ers losing a home game to Wembley, but the likes of the Vikings or the Jags will play one of the big boys over here in what would've been a home tie for them.

Can't say I'd be thrilled about it either if my team played a "big" home match on the other side of the world. But $ talks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here