Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hip Hop Heads ***THE OFFICIAL THREAD***

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Well there's threads about other genre's of music and knowing there are a few Hip Hop fans that post on here I thought I'd start another.
I'd love to know what your listening to,who's your favourite group,what's your favourite era and would especially love to know what's the hottest Gigs to go to.
At 41 I'm an old fart now and out of touch but I'm still very much into the golden era of late 80s early 90s stuff, Public enemy,Guru,Busta Rhymes,Ultramagnetics ect.
Post all your Hip hop stuff here.
To round off, here's a pic of Chuck D and Flav giving it some at the Dome
u8anejuz.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At the time when graf, B-boying, emceeing and deejaying made up the four elements of hip-hop, before the MC gained pre-eminence:

grandmaster_flash_and_the_furious_five2.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
breakdancing1.jpg

breakdancing2a.jpg

breakdancing3a.jpg

Last edited:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'm a hip hop novice and would like to be educated more on the subject. I shall be frequenting this establishment often.

I liked Run The Jewel's album last year. Am I cool?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Old skool.

LL Cool J - Rock The Bells
King Sun D-Moet - Hey Love
Eric B and Rakim - Paid In Full
Schoolly D - Put Your Filas On

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm a hip hop novice and would like to be educated more on the subject. I shall be frequenting this establishment often.

I liked Run The Jewel's album last year. Am I cool?

That Run The Jewels LP was incredible. Especially for a free album. If you like that, you should check the recent solo albums of both of the MCs, EL-P (Twitter:mad:TheRealElP) and Killer Mike. El-P's last album, Cancer 4 Cure was damn good.

I've been listening to the recently released mixtape from Busta Rhymes and Q-Tip: The Abstract & The Dragon. A mix of old and new joints from the two of them which is pretty good. (Get it here: http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/25325/busta-rhymes-qtip-the-abstract-the-dragon.html )

I run a Hip Hop blog if any of you are interested: http://the273.com - it gets updated with new stuff pretty regularly.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
2 bits if hip hop stuff.
After issues with my I tunes, I've just started listening to Deltrons follow up Album 30/30 event ii.
Even though I don't think it's as good as the original 30/30 Album it's still excellent and recommended if you haven't already got it.
And after seeing Ice cube on the Jonathan Ross show, I found out that they are making a film about N.W.A, predictably called straight outta Compton.
I wanted to impart this hip hop info and in no way Is it a shameless bounce of my own thread :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here