Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Royal Mail money making scam

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I got left a card saying an item of mail was not delivered because it was 9 PENCE underpaid. I now have to pay that, PLUS a £1 fee to obtain it :rant:

Ker-chingsville!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This has been going on for a while, once you pay the difference between 2nd and 1st class postage + " fine " to pick up a slightly larger Christmas card from an Auntie, you soon learn.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I got left a card saying an item of mail was not delivered because it was 9 PENCE underpaid. I now have to pay that, PLUS a £1 fee to obtain it :rant:

Ker-chingsville!

I had that the other week with 2 letters, both were stamped but apparently 'underpaid' for some reason, mine were 11 pence & 24p, ridiculous really. I know the £1 fee is not exactly a lot of money but I bet it makes them a hell of a lot of money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This has been going on for a while, ...

yeah, decades. i had to do this when i was at my parents home sometime in the 90's. pretty sure its alwasys been the case, so that people dont deliberatly underpay.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Ker-chingsville!

Surely it's the person who posted it who you should be angry with.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
yeah, decades. i had to do this when i was at my parents home sometime in the 90's. pretty sure its alwasys been the case, so that people dont deliberatly underpay.

This.

Fee2Pay covers underpaid items (both domestically and internationally), as well as customs charges which have been imposed by the UK Border Force (or whatever they're called these days).

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Happened to me last year. Went to collection office and the bloke just gave me the card without aking for payment

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surely it's the person who posted it who you should be angry with.

Do you not think a £1 few is just a ploy to make more money for a company that already makes more than enough money? I can't stand these fees. What exactly is it for?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This.

Fee2Pay covers underpaid items (both domestically and internationally), as well as customs charges which have been imposed by the UK Border Force (or whatever they're called these days).

The handling fee for something that has attracted the attention of HMRC is £8 plus whatever duty is due. I know of somebody who was stung a few weeks ago. The duty part of it was only £3.98!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Do you not think a £1 few is just a ploy to make more money for a company that already makes more than enough money? I can't stand these fees. What exactly is it for?

Surely it's there to deter people from underpaying on postage. There is a certain (albeit very small) cost in having to put a card through your door, take the letter back and have someone there to collect it from. When you think of the fees charged for other things £1 is nothing.

The only issue I see is that the receiver has to pay it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The beautiful thing about this, as well, is that they don't take credit cards or cheques, and they don't have any change either. So make sure you turn up with the exact money, or you'll have wasted a trip :)

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Got some clothes delivered from Australia last week. Value about £30. Had to pay £7.50 import tax, and then an £8 Royal Mail fee on top of that. Charming eh.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Got some clothes delivered from Australia last week. Value about £30. Had to pay £7.50 import tax, and then an £8 Royal Mail fee on top of that. Charming eh.

What was the £8 royal mail fee for? Sounds like you've been done.

Of course, they'll reimburse you if you've over-paid, won't they...?

In the days before the Royal Mail Group I work for became a business you had plenty of helpful staff across the thousand of Post Offices around the country who would've ensured you had the correct postage on the item you were posting.

That's progress for you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here