Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing at a football match

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
After the awarding of a dubious penalty against The Albion, I was reliably informed by an extremely helpful steward at the Bournemouth game that there is now zero tolerance towards any swearing around the whole of The Amex.
In questioning the validity of this policy (pointing out the East Stand / Family section) he then took my query all the way down to pitch-side (thus vacating his important position) and raised it with his superior.
Being a very helpful bunch, the supervisor also took the trouble to travel all the way from pitch-side to the top of the NW 5 minutes later to explain how this was so and that no genuine supporter should ever question the conduct and application of the stewarding family.
As i 'begged to differ' with his response, i took it upon myself to vacate the stadium of my own accord as my presence was obviously upsetting to them.
He must have been taken with me as he insisted on taking my contact details. My mum always taught me not to give such details to strange men, so i thanked him and graciously declined his request.
Well, he must have been so upset by my rejection of his advances he took it upon himself to discover my details and send me a very nasty letter telling all sorts of lies about me. He went on to say that he didn't want to see me for at least 2 months and if i did it again then he never wants to see me again forever!

Now should I give in to his advances or find myself another friend?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Personally I think you should swallow your pride and watch a game of football. That's what you're there for, that is what you paid for. Simples

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
After the awarding of a dubious penalty against The Albion, I was reliably informed by an extremely helpful steward at the Bournemouth game that there is now zero tolerance towards any swearing around the whole of The Amex.
In questioning the validity of this policy (pointing out the East Stand / Family section) he then took my query all the way down to pitch-side (thus vacating his important position) and raised it with his superior.
Being a very helpful bunch, the supervisor also took the trouble to travel all the way from pitch-side to the top of the NW 5 minutes later to explain how this was so and that no genuine supporter should ever question the conduct and application of the stewarding family.
As i 'begged to differ' with his response, i took it upon myself to vacate the stadium of my own accord as my presence was obviously upsetting to them.
He must have been taken with me as he insisted on taking my contact details. My mum always taught me not to give such details to strange men, so i thanked him and graciously declined his request.
Well, he must have been so upset by my rejection of his advances he took it upon himself to discover my details and send me a very nasty letter telling all sorts of lies about me. He went on to say that he didn't want to see me for at least 2 months and if i did it again then he never wants to see me again forever!

Now should I give in to his advances or find myself another friend?

I would suggest you scan the letter and send it to Mr Barber!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yeah, I've been told off for swearing. I sit backrow, centre, in the North Stand. I mentioned it on here a few weeks ago, it really ruined my day out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I've never understood the need for swearing. Poor vocabulary I suppose.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the best thing to do if you hear someone swearing is to scream for a policeman?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Yeah, I've been told off for swearing. I sit backrow, centre, in the North Stand. I mentioned it on here a few weeks ago, it really ruined my day out.

Really? I'm Row W just underneath the big Screen (well slightly to the left) in the north and spend the whole game swearing. As long as its not racist or homophobic the stewards let us get on with it.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It might be a tad difficult to enforce with probably 24 000 male 'customers' watching refereeing performances like the one from the clown in the middle of the Bmuff home game ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Boy it gets easier and easier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here