Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Half way through the transfer window, how do you rate our work to date?

How do you rate our transfer window work to date

• Great, got rid of dead wood, new signings excite me

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Quietly happy, think the new signings will impress and the sales were good

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Bit concerned, we have a few gaps in key areas of the squad

Votes: 46 63.0%
  • Disaster, one striker and an inexperienced loanee up front make us look silly

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
OUT: Barnes, Barker, Goodwin (Loan)

IN: Monakana, Obika (Loan)

Extended contract: Ince (2.5 years)

Last edited by a moderator:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's a bit like asking half way through baking a cake, how does it taste. And the answer is that it doesn't matter because it has little relation to how the cake will eventually taste.

True, but we have a SLICE of it on Saturday!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Where's the ' OK for now, but need 1, 2 or 3 more signings in the next 2 weeks ' option ? ???

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Where's the option for death to the January transfer window.

There should be one window for players and managers in the Summer that ends before the start of the season if you want any changes after that then tough.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
None of the above, really.

Lots still to be done, so too early to give much of an opinion. Suspect the Cardiff lads' future is still in the balance while Ole sifts through what he's got. Remains to be seen if Sunderland will find some more bunce for Bridders - and it may well be that this bundle of cash will unlock whatever else we can do.

We'd all love more to have been sorted out by now, but life's not simple, eh?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Definitely too early to answer, but happy so far.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
bit meh so far, obviously they could be looking at a few new people we dont know about, but i like the sound of the preston lad, and Obika.....lets hope we pull our fingers out and sort something

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Long way to go yet but as it stands I'm a bit concerned we're leaving ourselves a bit short in attacking options.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're just happy cos Barnes has gone!

We've lost an average Championship striker who was playing well, but 6 in 24 says it all. We got a good price @ £750k versus a big fat zero pounds in the summer. Money we can now put towards an upgrade. Let's see who we bring in before passing final judgement on the club's work in this window. Keep the faith!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
We've lost an average Championship striker who was playing well, but 6 in 24 says it all. We got a good price @ £750k versus a big fat zero pounds in the summer. Money we can now put towards an upgrade. Let's see who we bring in before passing final judgement on the club's work in this window. Keep the faith!
So you are just happy cos Barnes gone?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you are just happy cos Barnes gone?

No. I worship the guy! Who is going to get us "3 points in the cup now"? Who is going to trip the ref and leave us with one fit striker for 7 games? His loss is a complete disaster and our season is over!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
That's a bit like asking half way through baking a cake, how does it taste. And the answer is that it doesn't matter because it has little relation to how the cake will eventually taste.
In that case I would say I am very happy with how the mix looked, and after placing it in the oven, its starting to smell lovely. Just hope when it finishes baking its a good as it promises to be at the moment.

So in short, very happy, but think its going to get a lot better!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
No. I worship the guy! Who is going to get us "3 points in the cup now"? Who is going to trip the ref and leave us with one fit striker for 7 games? His loss is a complete disaster and our season is over!

God do you think him leaving is that bad for us! I hadn't realised his importance to us! Why don't you just admit you thought he was crap and frankly it's because of that kind of lack of support we have lost a "championship" standard striker. I mean Leeds and Burnley after him. He must be good at something? I would preferred to him stay. Better the devil you know…..etc

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
God do you think him leaving is that bad for us! I hadn't realised his importance to us! Why don't you just admit you thought he was crap and frankly it's because of that kind of lack of support we have lost a "championship" standard striker. I mean Leeds and Burnley after him. He must be good at something? I would preferred to him stay. Better the devil you know…..etc

I have just read back my post and apologise unreservedly to all for my poor grammar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here