Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Turienzo's Lovechild

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good stuff GNLF.

My own criteria this year is for creatures that are double hard in going after prey, or happy to get aggressive against other creatures many times the size and strength of themselves.

Polar Bears are no doubt pretty hard, and been a worthy past winner, but rarely have to defend themselves against anything and pretty much live off a diet of seals.

A jumping jack ant will attack a spider many times its size knowing death for itself is probably inevitable, but will get a sting in for the sake of the colony. That is hard.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That jumping jack ant sounds good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HARD is a creature who KNOWS he isn't the biggest, the meanest, the toughest, but has a go ANYWAY. The odds are often stacked against him but he doesn't give a shit. He bloody loves a ruck and sometimes, just sometimes, he gets a surprise win.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
HARD is a creature who KNOWS he isn't the biggest, the meanest, the toughest, but has a go ANYWAY. The odds are often stacked against him but he doesn't give a shit. He bloody loves a ruck and sometimes, just sometimes, he gets a surprise win.

Which is why it's all about the Praying Mantis, Jay!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

..sounds like the Brooklyn Brawler

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

This. Hard is a mentality, not just being big. For example a lion is king because its top of the pecking order, its not hard to pick on stuff smaller and weaker than you, that's bullying. It's the top bully in school, the big meathead kid who holds the nerdy ones upside down to steal lunch money. Hard is the one shortarse nerdy kid who eventually snaps and goes windmilling into battle just to land a couple of good punches before he either escapes with pride intact, or gets his head stoved in. In conclusion, vote honey badger.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That jumping jack ant sounds good.

Watch this clip, first ant, on his own sees a huntsman spider that is huge in comparison, he doesn't give a f*ck, he's straight in, bang he gives it a go...."Jumping Jack Ants are quite aggressive, they're not going to back off....." enough said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here