Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
j-monakana-14jan14-ld229-1294382_478x359.jpg

Jeffrey Monakana interview Ld

PUBLISHED
08:00 15th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
I couldn't wait to get down here and try to prove myself at Championship level. I feel this is the best move for me"
Jeffrey Monakana
New signing Jeffrey Monakana says Albion’s focus on promoting young players and giving them their opportunity in the first team encouraged him to sign for the Seagulls.
Having seen the rise of friend and fellow Londoner Rohan Ince, and the likes of Jake Forster-Caskey and Solly March, the former Arsenal trainee believes he's right to switch from League One to Albion's under-21s in order to progress.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There were a lot of other League One clubs interested, but as soon as I heard Brighton wanted me I couldn’t turn that down. I couldn't wait to get down here and try to prove myself at*
Championship level. I feel this is the best move for me.
“I know Rohan although I don’t know the other two lads (Solly and Jake) but I have seen them playing for Brighton on television. I have seen that this club gives young players their chance and that was the main factor in my decision to come here.
“I have only been here for a short time but I can see the infrastructure is great, the stadium has great facilities and there are a lot of good people here. Similar to Arsenal with what they have at the Emirates.
“Now I am looking to working hard to get my chance; that is my next challenge. It is great to be at this club and good to be back down south. My family are really pleased about that and I am really happy.”
The winger confirmed he had spoken to Ince ahead of moving down to Albion - to sound out the club.*
“Rohan said he took a little time adapt - but now he has and having been given a chance to play, he has taken it. He advised me to do my best in training and in games and that he is sure I can break through as well.
“In the summer we often do fitness programmes together and I played against him a few times when he was at Chelsea and I was at Arsenal; it is not really a surprise to see he is doing what he is doing now. My aim is to go on and do the same as him.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here