Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicola Cortese

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Not sure if fixtures, but BBC News is reporting that Cortese's future as Chairman of Southampton is in doubt beyond this season (on the rolling BBC News on the TV; I've not checked to see if there is a link). Is he just a CEO-equivalent Chairman, as the fellow at Cardiff is, or is he one of the money men? I thought that was just the Liebherr family.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club is owned by the Liebherr family , they could currently make a very tidy profit in selling the club.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't Pochettino say recently that if Cortese went, he'd go to. Can't be bothered to look for it now but am sure he said something like this

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Literally everyone I know that has come into contact with him say he is a bellend of the highest order. Even his hairdresser says he is a complete ****. Gets dropped outside the salon, walks in, doesn't say anything, gets his haircut and leaves.

Was always the mouthpiece for the Leibherr family so maybe he wants to do something for himself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Nicola is suited to running a football club. Any criticism seems to be taken very personally.

If I were the Liebherr family, I would remove him and sell.

Taking into account where they were before he took over what has been achieved by Saints since he arrived is pretty impressive. I doubt their fans care how likeable or sensitive he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here