Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benefits Street Channel 4

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems a big rating hit for Channel 4, 1st week 4.3 million, last night I'm sure more than 5 million.

Amazes me that Channel 4 are so up front with the address of this Birmingham Street. I'm sure there's loads on people putting in their sat nav's to check it out...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Daily Mail readers will be disappointed that the Romanians don't want to come her to claim benefits

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Benefits Street is certainly pulling in the viewers , the new series of Skint set in Grimsby is going to be just as controversial.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
you have to feel sorry for all those Romanians cramped into that small house,promised £5 an hour to come over here and to work in the fields when the reality was they were paid £10 for a 17 hour shift.....think that is about 60p an hour

D

Deleted member 22389

you have to feel sorry for all those Romanians cramped into that small house,promised £5 an hour to come over here and to work in the fields when the reality was they were paid £10 for a 17 hour shift.....think that is about 60p an hour

This is a part of migration that has gone wrong I'm afraid. Even if they are from the EU, they shouldn't be allowed in until they can prove that

a) Have a proper job already lined up in the UK
b) Have the finances to live in the UK for a minimum of six months
c) Have proper insurance

You see when they get here and they cannot find work, they then become our problem as some will not go home. I experienced exactly the same sort of scenario where I lived in Luton, where you have 7-8 people crammed in to one house. It's not very nice for people to live near this, it is initimidating.

Until you personally experience this type of migration on your own doorstep you will never understand how some people feel about it. I'm not just talking about people from the EU either, there where also people from the outside the EU that shouldn't have been allowed in.

Last edited by a moderator:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
This is a part of migration that has gone wrong I'm afraid. Even if they are from the EU, they shouldn't be allowed in until they can prove that

c) Have proper insurance

You see when they get here and they cannot find work, they then become our problem as some will not go home. I experienced exactly the same sort of scenario where I lived in Luton, where you have 7-8 people crammed in to one house. It's not very nice for people to live near this, it is initimidating.

Until you personally experience this type of migration on your own doorstep you will never understand how some people feel about it. I'm not just talking about people from the EU either, there where also people from the outside the EU that shouldn't have been allowed in.

You are such a nazi.

So what if an english artist wanted to live in Italy for inspiration?

Or an English person around 52 wanted to live in spain to chill out and fish?

Or are you saying EU open borders is only for the rich or working?

You should read about Fascism and Communism, you fit into both quite well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

c) Have proper insurance

Must have been awful for you, imagine living close to people living in such cramped conditions, you poor thing.

I can sympathise with you though, I had to get the bus the other day, it was full of poor people.

and there was a homeless person sitting near the bus stop

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I see this thread is going to be used as an opportunity for the usual suspects to step up on their soap boxes.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Hopefully word will spread among the Romanians that the streets are NOT paved with gold and like Jack they can head home with their handful of beans, oh and the rest of them, what really amazes me is they don't have any concept of where there free money comes from, they just expect it.

Last edited:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You are such a nazi.

Freedom of movement is part of the EZ's problem, not just politically but economically, check out the hysterical reactionary bile of this rabid jack booted nazi.............

http://www.project-syndicate.org/co...-until-the-eurozone-is-fundamentally-reformed

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Benefits Street is certainly pulling in the viewers , the new series of Skint set in Grimsby is going to be just as controversial.

Watched Benefits Street for the first time last night and found it rather sad,but not surprising, that substantial swathes of people seem to have no hope or aspiration and just accept that their lot in life is going to be grim,unless they win the lottery.
As usual,there are no easy answers,but unless there are plenty of jobs available for the unskilled population that pay more than being on benefits,the problems aren't going to be solved.Can't see it happening.
The irony was the unfortunate Romanians who really wanted to work,but had been cruelly exploited by criminals,were unable to do so.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

c) Have proper insurance

You see when they get here and they cannot find work, they then become our problem as some will not go home. I experienced exactly the same sort of scenario where I lived in Luton, where you have 7-8 people crammed in to one house. It's not very nice for people to live near this, it is intimidating.

This 100%

You also forgot
4, Speak English

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

c) Have proper insurance

Well said

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fish? The English move to Spain to turn their skin to leather, wear cheap gold jewellery and eat lasagne and chips....not fish.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are such a nazi.

Someone speaks against immigration and is called a nazi, but that is okay isn't it.

Then again it is hybrid so not really anyone worth bothering about

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here