Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Definitely Maybe is 20 years old. What's your favourite track?

Favourite track from Definitely Maybe

• Rock 'n' Roll Star

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Shakermaker

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Live Forever

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Up In The Sky

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Columbia

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Supersonic

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • Bring It On Down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigarettes & Alcohol

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Digsy's Dinner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Slide Away

Votes: 23 22.5%
  • Married With Children

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
In honour of the fact that Oasis have FINALLY made it onto Spotify, and to celebrate the fact that their SEMINAL debut album will be TWENTY years old this year, I thought we'd have a poll.

So which track is your favourite from the 11 that made up the original UK release?

definitely-maybe-cover-773490.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Although the music that inspired Oasis is well documented, this album still sounds very fresh today.

Has a hint of menace that none of their albums that followed had. Lots of favourite songs on that. It's hard to pick.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Wow, 20 years ago. I feel old.

Hard to pick an outright favourite, but will go with Supersonic.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Having found them on Spotify I was surprised to see just how many more albums they have.

I bought Definitely Maybe, What's the Story, Be Here Now and The Masterplan when they were each released but quickly lost interest after that. It would appear there are a further FOUR studio albums after these, none of which I know ANYTHING about.

Whilst What's the Story is also a SEMINAL album I still think Definitely Maybe is their best work and it seems a shame that they've actually got quite the back catalogue, with (presumably) none of it ever hitting the heights of their very first release.

Anyway, for me, it's a toss up between Columbia and Bring It On Down, which are both AWESOME

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Live Forever, closely followed by Slide Away, then Columbia. Not sure why I like Columbia - it nags away at you until you just accept that the chord changes, although obvious, are great.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Live For Ever, very closely followed by Slide Away. Can still remember hearing the album for the first time and thinking there's not one track I don't like. Quality album

Jimmy Grimble

Slide Away is poetic brilliance. One of the most wonderfully crafted love songs from a rock/indie/britpop (whatever you want to call it) band ever.

Liam's voice used to be soft and melodious but with a Northern grittiness at the same time; a key reason for their early meteoric rise - his singing was the working class voice that so many young people could relate to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here