Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'SUN' Holiday. What are they like?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Due to a tough financial year. I cannot afford another expensive family holiday in 2014. So have arranged a 'SUN' newspaper reader to collect tokens for me. What are the holidays like?

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
They are what you make of them, but in truth fantastic value for money. Two colleagues booked theirs last night and they go year on year.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is this the Butlins offer?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
The offer basically fills up holiday caravan park capacity during the off season. My experience is that you can get exactly the same deals as the Sun offer by simply phoning the parks direct and having a friendly haggle. They'd rather take some money than have empty units :)

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
The offer basically fills up holiday caravan park capacity during the off season. My experience is that you can get exactly the same deals as the Sun offer by simply phoning the parks direct and having a friendly haggle. They'd rather take some money than have empty units :)

That is a good point. Having young nippers am restricted to term holidays hence the astronomical price hike for a holiday. But will give this angle a go.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
WE did one a few years back, the place was a shitty holiday park the people were mainly obnoxious sun readers and the place was a shit hole but we actually had a great time touring the area and staying away from the holiday park for most of the time and it only cost a fraction of the cost of a normal holiday.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The brother-in-law does them every year, and upgrades on a few things. He said by the time you do that its not the cheapest but it is very good value for money.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I'm also thinking about doing it this year. Got most of the tokens but it seems like a hell of a lot of hassell finding dates are parks that are available when you can just ring direct for about £20 more!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
two issues with this.

1) need to give money to the sun to get the paper coupons.
2) will probably end up near people who read the sun.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have a caravan on a park in Somerset that is on the Sun list. It doesnt feel any different in those holiday weeks to any other.
You go on holiday to have fun and relax whether it is using the park amenities or using it as a base to get out and about.
Grab a bargain and have a great family holiday doing what you enjoy!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have a caravan on a park in Somerset that is on the Sun list. It doesnt feel any different in those holiday weeks to any other.
You go on holiday to have fun and relax whether it is using the park amenities or using it as a base to get out and about.
Grab a bargain and have a great family holiday doing what you enjoy!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
WE did one a few years back, the place was a shitty holiday park the people were mainly obnoxious sun readers and the place was a shit hole but we actually had a great time touring the area and staying away from the holiday park for most of the time and it only cost a fraction of the cost of a normal holiday.

This is all true, so I got a phone up deal at a Hoseasons caravan park, which are more upmarket for not a lot more money. If going in school holidays, don't be afraid to leave it fairly late, then ask for their best price :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Camber camps are good. Great beach and Rye to explore just along the road.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I have booked up and parted with £40.25 (9.50 each and them some admin fees). However once all confirmed I have then been slapped with a service charge of £11 pp and Entertainment passes of £26. My cheap holiday is getting steeper, annoyed that the extra costs are added once holiday is confirmed. Oh well still cheap at the moment.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know you can book online, anyone who is doing this would they mind posting 10 code words to do it online so I don't have to buy that rag of a paper??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You then have the added bonus of not buying that phucking rag.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I know you can book online, anyone who is doing this would they mind posting 10 code words to do it online so I don't have to buy that rag of a paper??

Here we go:-
TIME, ECHO, NEON, KITE, SHOW, RACE, GOOD, GONE, ABLE and PS61

These are the codes that I used.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here