Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will in your lifetime a WOMAN play in the Football League , Premier League or FA Cup?

Will a lady ever play in the men's game professionally ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 66.1%
  • Shut up Timmy

Votes: 26 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can't wait to see a short slightly plump woman feeling the full force of a Lee Cattermole 'challenge'.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Don't think so, more concentration is now on developing the women's game. I reckon we will see the popularity of that grow and can see sky sports showing prime time matches

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Unless steroids become a legal dietary supplement it's highly unlikely.
I've no prejudice on this and I often watch the ladies team at the withdean and always enjoy it, but the gulf in physical attributes is far to big to bridge.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
There are reasons why some sports are gender separated. I very much doubt that it will change.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Don't think so, more concentration is now on developing the women's game. I reckon we will see the popularity of that grow and can see sky sports showing prime time matches

I'd rather watch mens non-league football than womens premier league personally :shrug:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
As both a boys and girls coach, yes I think we will for two reasons...

Now that girls are playing at a younger age, their technical ability will improve at a faster rate over the next 20 years than boys will. In addition, with the men's game becoming less physical and also with smaller more compact players like Messi becoming the norm, clubs are beginning to realise that size doesn't matter on the pitch and so female footballers will find it easier to adapt.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No they would just fall over all the time at the slightest challenge like ashle...... (hang on....)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What level of the men's game could a leading side in the Women's Premier League currently compete in?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
My instinct is "of course not, don't be so bloody stupid".

But then Perugia came close to fielding a woman in Serie A, and as the FA Cup is included in the question, all it would take would be one ridiculous League 2 team (or even a non-league one) to field do it.

Feasibly, could one lower league team field a woman in an FA Cup match, even if purely for the publicity that came with it, just once in the next 40 years? Yes, possibly.

Will it be regular, or happen in the Premier League? No, the women's game will grow too much for that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's very difficult to answer that question without coming across as sexist!

Please give your honest opinion without any exaggeration.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here