[Official Site] Women: Cup Display Delights Donoghue

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
john-l229-1291738_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:00 13th January 2014
by James Hilsum
We scored early on and continued to play the same type of football and didn’t get thrown into panic"
John Donoghue
Albion women’s coach John Donoghue was thrilled with his side’s composed display in their 3-2 FA Cup win over Tottenham.
The Seagulls fought off a resilient Spurs side, who twice came back to draw level at Withdean, to book their place in the next round.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was especially delighted with the first-half performance because we controlled and managed the game well.*
“I would have rather it had been a lot less entertaining and I’d like to have won 3-0 with the hope of them not scoring any goals, but it doesn’t always work out the way you plan.
“We scored early on and continued to play the same type of football and didn’t get thrown into panic.*
“Spurs threw players forward and scored some good goals in the second half, so we’ll have to look at that but I was pleased with the result.”
Rosie Kmita netted in her first appearance against her former club and admitted it was a surreal experience to play against Tottenham.
She added, “I was delighted to get my first goal for Brighton, it was strange because I’m still good friends with the girls. I’m still very happy to be a part of the win.
“I was with Spurs for seven years so not warming up with them and then playing against them was a different experience, but I’m so comfortable at Brighton now and they’ve made me feel so welcome.
“I felt we played really well as a team and everything is coming together now; we’re starting to learn how each other plays.*
“We’ll be expecting revenge when we face them again next week, but it will be another good game and a real battle.”
Albion will travel to the winners of the Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle tie on Sunday 9th February, after the draw for the third round was made today.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here