Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Mason and Lewis Grabban

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
@SkySportsPeteO: Brighton are eyeing moves for Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban and Cardiff City forward Joe Mason. #BHAFC #AFCB #cardiffcityfc

From a very reliable source.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That's a serious scoop from that man right there... Both reported on NSC days ago.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Glad Sammon isn't reported on there

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I wonder what username he has here.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It seem as if we're panic buying a replacement for Barnes....Leon Clarke rumoured a few threads below too :nono:

We can do better than this, isn't there some fringe La Liga player we can gamble on?
Joe Mason is a young forward from Plymouth, surely an ideal replacement for Barnes!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
It seem as if we're panic buying a replacement for Barnes....Leon Clarke rumoured a few threads below too :nono:

We can do better than this, isn't there some fringe La Liga player we can gamble on?

I would not consider Grabban or Mason to be "panic" buys. Both would be decent acquisitions and would give us the strength in depth to push for promotion...We can't rely solely on Ulloa, Obika or CMS for that matter.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I really want us to get Mason... I think he'll fit in perfectly. £1m to Cardiff for Conway & Mason PLEASE

Not quite sure how much Mason is worth. Fans on their forum were saying he won't go for anything near £1 million, and should only go out on loan.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought Grabban was excellent in the recent game at the Amex. They played one up front, but in a very different way to how we do with Leo. Grabban is much more mobile.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
@SkySportsPeteO: Brighton are eyeing moves for Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban and Cardiff City forward Joe Mason. #BHAFC #AFCB #cardiffcityfc

From a very reliable source.

Well, we knew we were after Mason, but that is now a bit more 'official' re Grabban. Exciting.

Jimmy Grimble

Doesn't mean much in today's football world, but Grabban signed a new contract with Bournemouth in November http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24957783

"I still had two years left on my contract but the club wanted to extend it and I was more than happy to do that," said Grabban.

"This is one of the first times in my career that I've felt settled and that's why I didn't really have to think too long about signing a new contract."

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Sorry to use you as an example here, Mustafa, but I feel there is a lot of disrespect to the standard of the lower leagues and some snobbery on here that isn't warranted. If we dipped into the League One market, for example, we'd be looking at signing players on more reasonable fees, and more often than not, more affordable contracts; than say an aging star from abroad or a talented young prospect. They are also, arguably a lot less of a gamble as they're used to the English game, match fit, proven to a decent level etc.

Look at some of the players in the Brighton team on 2010/2011 - when we were in League One:
Liam Bridcutt,
Ashley Barnes,
Chris Wood,
Glenn Murray,
Craig Noone,
Gordon Greer,
Elliott Bennett,
Kazenga LuaLua

And that's only Brighton. Southampton sported:
Rickie Lambert
José Fonte
Adam Lallana
and some chap called Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

You also had players like:
Jordan Rhodes (Hudds)
Craig Mackail-Smith (P'borough)
George Boyd (P'borough)

Are you saying you'd rather take a gamble on some La Liga talent than pick up a couple of League One gems, players who are on their way up?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd be delighted if we signed both of these. It would be the first time we'd have strength in depth in the striker position for a long old time. I assume it is one or the other though if CMS or Hoskins is back this side of Summer, would prefer Grabban.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Somebody on the Bournemouth forum is suggesting that we have bid £1.1 million, and that it is now down to the player.

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
I would personally be happy with either of these signings, although i am personally a bigger fan of Mason who i thought was fantastic for Cardiff in the championship. It would be good if we could have a signing before the Derby game because there is no doubt that will be a very tough fixture at Pride Park and a new striker could provide the impetus for a successful showing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would personally be happy with either of these signings, although i am personally a bigger fan of Mason who i thought was fantastic for Cardiff in the championship. It would be good if we could have a signing before the Derby game because there is no doubt that will be a very tough fixture at Pride Park and a new striker could provide the impetus for a successful showing.

Have to agree with that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here