Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League. Hull in 10th only 6 points above Palace who are bottom.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Reasons like this is why the Premier League is the best league in the world.

10 points separate the top of the league from 7th place, a number of teams have a good chance of winning the title - compare this to La Liga where 11 points separate 3rd and 4th place, Serie A where Juventus are 8 points clear at the top, or the Bundesliga where Munich are 7 points clear with a game in hand.

The Premier League is by far the most competitive top league in the world :thumbsup:

It's been as boring as hell for the last 5 years, now suddenly it's the best in the world? You must be easily pleased.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Premier League is by far the most competitive top league in the world :thumbsup:

No it's not - the French La Ligue 1 has had 6 different winners in the last 6 years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Man Utd have won the title 5 out of the last 7 seasons. The only new factor is Man City's bottomless pockets. I don't see any fundamental change in the competitiveness at the top of the league other than Man City and Ferguson-less Man Utd will swap places.

The bottom of the Prem HAS always been competitive but this is as much about the 'fear factor' of financial ruin with relegation as it is about the health of the football being played.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's very interesting at the bottom of the league this year.

Cardiff, Fulham and West Ham all trying very hard to ensure that Palace stay up.

Big question is now whether Cardiff and the new manager can turn things round or not. I seriously expect Gus and Sunderland to stay up, so 3 from those above with Palace to go down.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Palace, West Ham (just something about them I don't like at the moment) and Cardiff (only because of Vincent Tan's treatment of the fans and Mackay). Or maybe Stoke as well.

TBH, I don't care. I'd sooner Man U, Chelsea and Man City were relegated.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Current form view:

PLview2.jpg

Looking at this other view, all the mid to bottom teams are doing as bad as each other.

Attachments

• PLview.jpg
    PLview.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 307

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
any team from 8th down that can now put together a run of wins, say 3 or 4 in a row and they are definitely going to feel safer, just as 3 or 4 losses on the trot and it is serious fear of relegation for them. The top of the league doesn't much interest me, that clearly can be bought but the bottom and watching the panic fueled purchases at stupidly inflated prices (a la QPR) is pure car crash entertainment and a joy to watch. I'm for Fulham, West Ham and one of Cardiff/Palace or WBA for the drop. Whatever people may think of Gus, he looks like he's got them much harder to beat so they should be safe, same for Hull under Bruce.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't care if he goes to Palace. Just want rid now as this is dragging on to long, sell him and bring in reinforcements.

This doesn't seem like a Pulis target. Is Charming meddling in transfer business ???

The most important thing is a decent fee, and we know a Palace offer will be derisory.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
This doesn't seem like a Pulis target. Is Charming meddling in transfer business ???

The most important thing is a decent fee, and we know a Palace offer will be derisory.

In todays Paper and Palace need to clear some dead wood before coming in for Bridcutt. It'll have to be higher than the £1.75m bid in the summer. £5m and I'd sell.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
In todays Paper and Palace need to clear some dead wood before coming in for Bridcutt. It'll have to be higher than the £1.75m bid in the summer. £5m and I'd sell.

Thought they bid £5m for Leo and £2.5m for bridders?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here