Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge - series 2

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Has anyone else got involved?

Absolutely quality drama. And this second series is shaping up to be as good as the first.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've only seen the first two episodes, but yes, still brilliant

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely superb. Enjoyed the recent repeat of Series 1 and Series 2 is not disappointing, arguably the best of the Nordic Noir bunch. Quality television.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I couldn't wait so downloaded the whole series a few weeks back. It's by far the best show on tv at the moment.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This series is getting better now. It's ruddy ridiculous and Saga's characteristics are becoming clownish, but Martin is an excellent actor and the possibility that the ever-evil Niels is somehow behind this has one gripped.

I am off to the Nordicana weekend in a few weeks. Saga and Martin will be there to watch the last 2 episodes with. Also that weekend will be a talk with Birgitte and Kasper from Borgen in the house!
Check this badboy out!
NORDICANA_PROVISIONAL_SCHEDULE_800PX_V3.jpeg

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I see that the Americans have, like the killing, remade this program. What is wrong with American TV audiences that they need to take something which is critically acclaimed, and feck it up?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see that the Americans have, like the killing, remade this program. What is wrong with American TV audiences that they need to take something which is critically acclaimed, and feck it up?
Erm, so did we.

Apparently the US and UK versions (the Tunnel, in our case) are both decent.

And MEADO, I'm proper jealous.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

I know, I find hard to understand.

Apparently, the British TV series from last year, the utterly brilliant Broadchurch, is being re-made in America! What is wrong with the original?

It's not just TV series, though, but British films which get re-made for American audiences; for example, possibly my all-time favourite film, The Wicker Man. What is the point of re-making it, so that it is no longer set on a sinister island off the Scottish mainland, and starring Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward - why can't American audiences simply enjoy the original version like the rest of us? :mad:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006

So have Britain and France though - The Tunnel.

Has anyone seen it? I watched one episode but couldn't be bothered with the rest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't seen the remakes of the bridge, so perhaps I am being a little harsh. I have however seen the us killing remake and it is very poor.

The worst remake I have ever seen was the American remake of the Dutch/French film, The Vanishing. They turned an absolute masterpiece into a B movie at best.

Saga may be a social inadequate but she would definitely get it. ;)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
And MEADO, I'm proper jealous.

You should be!
I was trying to make some savings and have a cheap month, but then that listing came in front of me. Wowzee, i thought, and convinced the girlfriend that we had no choice but to go there. On in the Old Truman Brewery down Brick Lane, and i don't know how that's work. I intend to be a tad aloof and unbothered when all these legends idle past me, whilst deliberately tripping myself up to nudge Birgitte and maybe asking her how royal-family-esque British accent became so amazing when she apologises and hands me a prime ministerial Danish doughnut.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You should be!
I was trying to make some savings and have a cheap month, but then that listing came in front of me. Wowzee, i thought, and convinced the girlfriend that we had no choice but to go there. On in the Old Truman Brewery down Brick Lane, and i don't know how that's work. I intend to be a tad aloof and unbothered when all these legends idle past me, whilst deliberately tripping myself up to nudge Birgitte and maybe asking her how royal-family-esque British accent became so amazing when she apologises and hands me a prime ministerial Danish doughnut.

brilliant

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Loving the new series. AA Gill slaughtered The Bridge2 last week in the Times but I think he's got it badly wrong. Yes Saga is more of a caricature and that feels like a response to a focus group, but she's a great character and the storyline is gripping. Have Ep 4 saved to watch tonight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here