Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Womens Ashes.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Engand women beat Australia women in the test match of the Womens Ashes series, so lead 6pts to nil in the series.
One days and 20/20's to play to decide overall winners.

Sussex wicket keeper, Sarah Taylor got an absolutely amazing leg-side stumping
http://www.cricket.com.au/video/Taylors-Super-Stumping

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
A very good victory and puts them in good stead to retain the Ashes :D

Was an amazing quick bit of work from Taylor - shame there isn't a side on view so we can see it better!

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Engand women beat Australia women in the test match of the Womens Ashes series, so lead 6pts to nil in the series.
One days and 20/20's to play to decide overall winners.

Sussex wicket keeper, Sarah Taylor got an absolutely amazing leg-side stumping
http://www.cricket.com.au/video/Taylors-Super-Stumping

If an England male bowler bowled like that, they'd be force to completely remodel their action (e.g. main reason Finn has lost all confidence). Sometimes I think England are 'too textbook'; just let the bowlers bowl how they do unless genuine serious improvement can be made. Just a side thought from the video.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If an England male bowler bowled like that, they'd be force to completely remodel their action (e.g. main reason Finn has lost all confidence). Sometimes I think England are 'too textbook'; just let the bowlers bowl how they do unless genuine serious improvement can be made. Just a side thought from the video.

I think you're making a wider point about cricket in general there. Other than golf I can't think of another sport so OBSESSED about having "correct" technique. "Correct" should mean if it works, is legal and gets runs/wickets, nothing else.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

As a coach working with county age group players [as well as club and schools] you touch on a much discussed point amongst coaches. In terms of bowling, we are focused on a safe and repeatable action with consistent quality outcomes, often citing Malinga and now Mitchel Johnson as positive examples of acceptable yet non-orthodox bowling actions. The most important factor with a bowler is the "safe" aspect and this means shoulder and hip alignment to ensure no over-twisting of the spine from the gather to the exit stride - research proves this minimises the risk of stress fractures in the spine.

Having watched the clip several times the bowler [Jenny Gunn] displays a mid-way positioning of the back foot in the delivery stride [safest of 3] and throughout delivery, her hips and shoulders look closely aligned. Yes, she has a "lazy" front arm and she falls away with her head at delivery and has a weak follow through, all of which can all be worked on and improved.

But changing the muscle memory at this phase in a player's career can be very difficult, so if its safe, leave it be .....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good for the England Ladies ! Nice to have a little bit of cricket cheer at last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here