Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting your hair cut in Brighton

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Soooo... I normally go to the local gents £10 barber but she cut me with a likely AIDS infected razor when she was scraping my neck last time I went.

I've gone off the idea of going back.

I once had an amazing haircut in Canary Wharf where I had my hair washed then head massaged by a fit young trainee, a lovely cuppa and biscuits while the main cutting and interrogation was going on and a moderately massive bill delivered with a smile by the bobfob receptionist.

Is there anywhere in Brighton where you'd get a similar kind of service?

Cheers all

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great post!

Most of the "salon" style places will treat you like Canary Wharf place (was it the one in Jubilee Place?)

Not sure Brighton specific places though.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Goodfellas in Hove is a traditional Turkish barbers. They massage your head then using what can only be described as a massive cotton bud they flame burn all the hair from your ears. Looks abit weird the first time they did it but has good results. Although if you don't suffer from the odd hair protruding from your lugholes then maybe not for you.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Great post!

Most of the "salon" style places will treat you like Canary Wharf place (was it the one in Jubilee Place?)

Not sure Brighton specific places though.

Yep, the one on the left just before the escalators going up to the old Lehmann brothers atrium.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Get a time machine and go to Andrew Cooper's in Baker St. He'll sort you.

Haha, when I used to sport a crew cut back in about 1980 I went there, short back and slap, 50p (no other styles available) and he couldn't even do a number 2 all over without ****ing it up

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Goodfellas in Hove is a traditional Turkish barbers. They massage your head then using what can only be described as a massive cotton bud they flame burn all the hair from your ears. Looks abit weird the first time they did it but has good results. Although if you don't suffer from the odd hair protruding from your lugholes then maybe not for you.

Cheers Elvis but given my new risk averse attitude to hairdressing I'm probably going to pass on having my head set on fire.

Plus I'm not that keen on large swarthy men touching me anywhere really.

May 21, 2004
Preston Park
Hughie in London Road opposite the Worlds End is an Albion STH and will always have a good chat about the footie - no fit young trainees or bobfob receptionists but I can live without that

D

Deleted User X18H

Hughie in London Road opposite the Worlds End is an Albion STH and will always have a good chat about the footie - no fit young trainees or bobfob receptionists but I can live without that

Hughie is an Albion season ticket holder !!! The last time I went in there , about 4 years ago he was a massive Spurs fan. Talk about JCL's

The answer is Trafalgars by the way!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The Point down Trafalgar Street under the station. Lovely Indian head massage by a lovely lady then followed by, normally, a really good cut and style.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Get a time machine and go to Andrew Cooper's in Baker St. He'll sort you.

Coopers shop front should have been put into Brighton Museum.

Cooper had pictures of Elvis cut out of newspapers stuck in the window, also hand written signs, I think one said 'no boys on Saturdays'
I never went for a haircut but often stopped to look at his window 'display'

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
This is Hove but hey... Albion Season ticket holder and actually an Albion fan!

206 Portland Road Hove

If it is good enough for Casper should be good enough for everyone!

casper.jpg

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Whilst serving on an American Air Force base in Qatar about 10 years back the civilian hairdressers there (although not locals) used to perform some bizarre head massaging ritual, which for all intense and purposes consisted of slapping your head for 5 minutes.

Be interested to know if anyone else has been afforded the same treatment when on there travels? The hairdressers all appeared to be of Filipino descent. Or that region anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here