Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Jonás Manuel Gutiérrez Rumour

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My normally impeccable but slightly erratic source informs me that we are chasing Gutierrez who has made it known he wants away from Newcastle.

We will be in competition from a couple of Spanish sides, but not top division ones.

Ooooooh :ohmy: Would be an good addition to the squad especially if Buckley goes.

Jimmy Grimble

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Out of our price range in respect of wages.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Maybe a player just wants regular matches as they approach the end of their career.. At 40k a week for the last few years Im sure his savings account is brimming

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
It'll be a 100% pay cut if/when his contract ends in 5 months.

I'd wager he'll end up playing in the MLS or Qatar.

It would be like Wayne Bridge now earning £35k a week at Reading wanting to come back here for £10k a week :smile:

He can't be getting that much at Reading, can he?! Consider that he's a prem player and it becomes even less likely than Wayne returning.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don think this is likely. However it's not beyond the realms of possibility if his contract is up at the end if the season. No-one will pay him 40k a week now - and we don't even know if that's what his wage is - so taking a pay cut may be preferable if he wants to continue playing for 2-3 years.

Wayne Bridge isn't a bad example: he's gone from earning circa £100k to what is probably more like 20-25k at Reading. The most likely reason being that he just wants to play regularly for a few more seasons.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He can't be getting that much at Reading, can he?! Consider that he's a prem player and it becomes even less likely than Wayne returning.

Reading are getting parachute payments and can afford the wages , if we had been promoted a similar wage offer would have been necessary for him to sign a one year deal. He has only played 9 times for Reading and in hindsight we have dodged a bullet as he has become a sicknote player.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Reading are getting parachute payments and can afford the wages , if we had been promoted a similar wage offer would have been necessary for him to sign a one year deal. He has only played 9 times for Reading and in hindsight we have dodged a bullet as he has become a sicknote player.

He'd have been getting a top division bonus though. Imagine he's on about £25k, though that's a similar stab in the dark. Their top wage earners last year were netting roughly that figure.
Yep, Mr Consistency Stephen Ward has been a great signing in his place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here