Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only the captain should be allowed to talk to the Ref

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just watching the Newcastle man city game. Whatever the rights and wrings if the disallowed goal, there is no way that all those Newcastle players should be allowed to carry on and in just shouting in the face of the ref. it can't help the game.

If only the captain was allowed to speak to the ref, all this would be stamped out immediately and some control might be brought back to the game.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Agreed.... although in the instance of a potential booking it should only be the offending player (plus Captain backup?) who should talk to the ref. I watched a game fairly recently on TV - cant recall which one but 7 players attempted to back up the offending player's plea for clemency ....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only the captain should be allowed to talk to the Ref
I was about to thumsup your post, and then I thought about it. A ref getting surrounded is wrong, and they should be able to dish out cards. But when one player is involved in an incident, and they're the player that knows what happened, it makes sense for them to be able to air their feelings. As long as they don't cross a line, it should be ok. And if they cross the line, they should get booked.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I was about to thumsup your post, and then I thought about it. A ref getting surrounded is wrong, and they should be able to dish out cards. But when one player is involved in an incident, and they're the player that knows what happened, it makes sense for them to be able to air their feelings. As long as they don't cross a line, it should be ok. And if they cross the line, they should get booked.

Of course. I mean that only a player being addressed by the ref and then the captain should be able to speak to the ref. would be insane to ban any player at any point from addressing the ref.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here