Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua, how could he become better?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Fitness and crossing. Maybe better temperament too? He has the rest! I actually think his passing and defensive play is very underrated.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fitness. Can't play too many games in too short a time without then being out for a few games.
Crossing. Needs to look up and develop the ability to pick a pass rather than just blast it and hope
Touch. Too often his first touch is a poor taking it too far away from him.
Attacking intent. Too often when he receives the ball he waits for a defender to come to him, even when they are behind him and there is space ahead, before he starts running.
Diving. Needs to cut out his elaborate falls. He could easily have been booked for either of his penalty area dives yesterday.
Defence. Needs to have a bit more defensive effort more consistently.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll do for me as he is. If he was better we wouldn't be able to keep him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Using his pace to run onto balls, rather than always having it passed to his feet...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think he's improved a lot under Oscar. He was apparently not fully fit at the start of the season yet, in my view, had his best spell for us in the Championship, better than he was under Poyet. Against Reading he had a great cameo and, although I would have given Crofts man of the match, LuaLua was great yesterday.

I also think that his unpredictability is a major asset. If he was more consistent, he might have less of an impact at times. I hope he continues to improve under Oscar at the same rate as he'd be a real asset.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very, very, very, very simple answer.

If he learnt to play with his head UP.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
If he could perfect his long range shot that would be good enough for me. With the amount of decent long rangers he's had well saved, he could have had 5 or 6 goals by now :lolol:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Be more direct, having beaten a player once as he tends to go back and do it again without shaking off the player.

Pray tell us how more direct can he be?
Teams put two or three round him to try and stop him and yet in recent games he has left them in his wake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here